T5 or hybrid

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which would be better for coral growth ati 60” non dimmable 8x80 fixture or a aquatic life 60” hybrid led fixture I have a 24”x72”x24 rimless tank have lps softies and 2 clams and some sps but plan on adding a lot of more sps in the near future hopefully it will be a sps dominant tank

tonydig11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just sharing my plan. I have the 61" Hybrid with 3 Hydra 32's going over my current 180 gallon (72x24x24) build and plan to keep mostly SPS. I have not tested this or even set it up yet as the tank still sits dry. My research has led me down this path. I also already had 2 Hydra 32's with only 7 months of use from my last tank. So it was a no brainer to just add a 3rd and a Hybrid fixture. If I did 2 more Hydra's for 4 total and then added the 2 mounts it would have been about the same cost. My tank has 2 center braces so went with the 3 LED's between the braces.. I will be renting the Par meter when I get this thing wet and filled with rock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back