Tang aggression?

Jaybeastin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 350 75g display 4ft long and 91 total volume.

In the tank I have a 2” blue & yellow tang temporarily.

My LFS has a 4” white tail bristle tang for a steal of a price ! ($150)

My question is will the white tail 4” bully the yellow and blue tang 2” ? Or I should be fine ?
Should I go with a purple tang for $150 and 3”?

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 350 75g display 4ft long and 91 total volume.

In the tank I have a 2” blue & yellow tang temporarily.

My LFS has a 4” white tail bristle tang for a steal of a price ! ($150)

My question is will the white tail 4” bully the yellow and blue tang 2” ? Or I should be fine ?
Should I go with a purple tang for $150 and 3”?
Build a tank divider to introduce the fish and they will be fine together more than likely.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the white tail bully my other smaller tang ? Or is it peaceful enough ?
Bristletooth tangs are the most peaceful of tang, I have never owned a tang more peaceful. The white tail will be beaten up by the established yellow. I wouldn’t do 3 tangs though, you already have two with a high bio load and activity. I’d anything, Ctenochaetus tangs should be added first as they will be beaten up by the aggressive species (All of Zebrasoma, Acanthurus, Paracanthurus, Prionurus).

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think with things like this it's best to try it and see for yourself. I remember asking the exact same question when introducing a yellow to my tank with a purple. In the end I took the risk I had some aggression at first but put a big mirror leaning up against the glass and it worked wonders after just a day. Now they get on great, just the occasional tail slap towards each other which is funny to watch lol.

Anthygod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristletooth tangs are the most peaceful of tang, I have never owned a tang more peaceful. The white tail will be beaten up by the established yellow. I wouldn’t do 3 tangs though, you already have two with a high bio load and activity. I’d anything, Ctenochaetus tangs should be added first as they will be beaten up by the aggressive species (All of Zebrasoma, Acanthurus, Paracanthurus, Prionurus).
I had a Kole yellow eye Tang and had to give it away because je bullied the whole Tank - but i also heard that bristletooth are chill but Maybe i just had Bad luck…

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back