i cant think

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So you're saying ich is laying low for 3 years now? 12 tangs no ich in 3 years... sure sounds like an ich free tank.
It can come in in anything, even water could possibly bring ich into the tank.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

doubleshot00

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It can come in in anything, even water could possibly bring ich into the tank.
I agree. I see posts and hear stories all the time from people that QT and there fish still get ich. QT is not guaranteeing anything. Less likely yes

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Crabby48

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I adore the Achilles, it’s one of the only tangs I like outside of Ctenochaetus. But I also see… ich magnets all around
Whereas my wrasses don’t really get many parasites and my foxface is almost immune to parasites.
Ich magnets. Warning you got a problem before a problem lol

RobinC

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Personally I’m not a fan of many tangs, I really don’t see much in the non-Ctenochaetus species. But I can watch them sometimes, I just don’t find it relaxing how they pace around so much.
So…
1. what do you see in tangs and is there more than good CUC (which even then there’s other fish for that job)?
2. Do you have any alternatives to tangs that you prefer to watch?

P.S. the photo below is when I had a mirror against the wall of my tank for my wrasses and instead attracted my tang to it.
E3576476-74A1-4612-98A3-D752D22BC89E.jpeg
Got a Vlamingi off of ebay 20 or so years ago. The personality! It was like having a puppy. Would come to the side of the tank where I was on the computer, and hang there with me. When hubby came in he hid, and stayed hidden till he left. I adored this fish.

LaloJ

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Personally I’m not a fan of many tangs, I really don’t see much in the non-Ctenochaetus species. But I can watch them sometimes, I just don’t find it relaxing how they pace around so much.
So…
1. what do you see in tangs and is there more than good CUC (which even then there’s other fish for that job)?
2. Do you have any alternatives to tangs that you prefer to watch?

P.S. the photo below is when I had a mirror against the wall of my tank for my wrasses and instead attracted my tang to it.
E3576476-74A1-4612-98A3-D752D22BC89E.jpeg
1. I'm not a tang type of course, but I see in my favorite tangs the color patterns and the 'design' of the fish, for example, I like blue tangs more when they are juveniles because of the shape of their body which is more small and 'compressed', that when they are adults they are more oval and the black design takes the same shape. In contrast, you will rarely see a fish as spectacular as a show size Achilles tang, at least IMO. I like the clown tang, sohal tang and desjardinii for their colors and their extraordinary design of lines and dots, but I also love gem and black tang for their simple colors, black is an elegant color.
2. Angels and butterflyfishes of course, they are the most beautiful fishes in the ocean.

Coral Mania
OP
i cant think

i cant think

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Got a Vlamingi off of ebay 20 or so years ago. The personality! It was like having a puppy. Would come to the side of the tank where I was on the computer, and hang there with me. When hubby came in he hid, and stayed hidden till he left. I adored this fish.
Man… am I just not getting lucky? The only puppies I have in my tank are my Cirrhilabrus & Paracheilinus wrasses, my CBB and my foxface.

Id love a blonde Naso but my tank just isn’t large enough unfortunately. They do look stunning though, especially as adult males.

OP
i cant think

i cant think

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
1. I'm not a tang type of course, but I see in my favorite tangs the color patterns and the 'design' of the fish, for example, I like blue tangs more when they are juveniles because of the shape of their body which is more small and 'compressed', that when they are adults they are more oval and the black design takes the same shape. In contrast, you will rarely see a fish as spectacular as a show size Achilles tang, at least IMO. I like the clown tang, sohal tang and desjardinii for their colors and their extraordinary design of lines and dots, but I also love gem and black tang for their simple colors, black is an elegant color.
2. Angels and butterflyfishes of course, they are the most beautiful fishes in the ocean.
I definitely agree with you on the clown and Sohal. These are another couple tangs I enjoy looking at but I still prefer Ctenochaetus due to the constant changing patterns and colours.

REEFTIDE
TSM Aquatics

How close to perfect, for you, is your reef aquarium?

• IT'S PERFECT NOW

Votes: 18 3.6%
  • It's getting close

Votes: 68 13.7%
  • It's about half way there

Votes: 92 18.5%
  • It's slow but progressing

Votes: 152 30.6%
  • It's not even close

Votes: 152 30.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 2.8%