Tangs with ich not eating

Balz3352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I currently am qting some fish currently. I have an achilles, powder blue, yellow tang, flame angel, and a cleaner wrasse. (I know the risk of both the PBT and Achilles) what I am asking about is the pbt is currently not eating. I quickly went up to therapeutic coppersafe dose because he was showing signs of ich (scraping sides ect) no spots noted and other fish look good and eating fine. Should I stick up with the therapeutic level or should I drop back down and get him eating first? I'm adding garlic xtreme and feeding lrs and nori every other day.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I currently am qting some fish currently. I have an achilles, powder blue, yellow tang, flame angel, and a cleaner wrasse. (I know the risk of both the PBT and Achilles) what I am asking about is the pbt is currently not eating. I quickly went up to therapeutic coppersafe dose because he was showing signs of ich (scraping sides ect) no spots noted and other fish look good and eating fine. Should I stick up with the therapeutic level or should I drop back down and get him eating first? I'm adding garlic xtreme and feeding lrs and nori every other day.

Did you ever do a FW dip to see if flukes were the reason for flashing? I only ask since you say there aren’t any spots.
I would also recommend with these Tangs you offer Nori on a daily basis.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Balz3352

Balz3352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever do a FW dip to see if flukes were the reason for flashing? I only ask since you say there aren’t any spots.
I would also recommend with these Tangs you offer Nori on a daily basis.
Everyone except for the achilles got a prazipro treatment. No FW dip though.
I will feed nori daily now no problem

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone except for the achilles got a prazipro treatment. No FW dip though.
I will feed nori daily now no problem

What level is your copper at? How are you testing levels? How fast did you ramp up? Was he eating prior to copper?
I think I would still FW dip the PBT to be sure (if he appears strong enough)There are Prazi resistant flukes making their way around.

OP
OP
Balz3352

Balz3352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What level is your copper at? How are you testing levels? How fast did you ramp up? Was he eating prior to copper?
I think I would still FW dip the PBT to be sure (if he appears strong enough)There are Prazi resistant flukes making their way around.
Ramped 4 days 2.1 currently via hanna. He wasn't eating great before pretty skinny. (got him cheap because of it but would like to save him)

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ramped 4 days 2.1 currently via hanna. He wasn't eating great before pretty skinny. (got him cheap because of it but would like to save him)

Ok, that changes the game (pretty skinny part) I would start dosing General Cure to the water column to start treating for possible internal parasites. If he has them and ingests anough meds through the water to suppress them he might start eating again. Then you would need. To treat with med laced food for 14 days if he starts eating. If he appears strong I would also still do the dip.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.9%
Back