Animal rights
Yep, some of us nurture them if they are in our fish tanks, but we eat them if they are on our plates!!! That's how I am with crab and shrimp.
That's right and I eat fish or at least seafood a few times a week. I grew up on it and my Dad owned a seafood business as did all my family.
It amazes me that people don't want to cycle a tank with a fish, but a dead fish or shrimp is fine. That fish or shrimp also died for us to cycle our tank and if you are wearing shoes, that leather is there because someone killed a cow just so you could have shoes. We feed brine shrimp, fish, clams, squid, Mysis, goldfish, fish eggs, mussels to our fish all the time and that is fine. What is the difference of cycling with a fish? Those animals all suffocated on the deck of a ship but because they are dead when we get them, it is ok. If we feed pellets, look at the first ingredient. Look at that, fish meal, I wonder where fish meal comes from?
Does a damsel have more rights than a Mysis shrimp? If so, then why? I feed clams to my fish every day and I get those clams live. Do clams have rights? I will eat some clams tonight so clams must hate me.
I may also have some flounder tonight. And that flounder grew up to get nice and fat on shrimp. Should that flounder worry about those shrimp? I mean, really!
We don't cycle with dogs. You know why? Because dogs are cute. Chickens are cute but we eat an awful lot of cute chickens.
Just something to think about tonight over your steak dinner.
We can dive for flounder, fluke, lobsters, clams, crabs or amphipods.