OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that bangai cardinal is making a fool out of me as he is eating well and looks better than he ever did. He is well past his supposed lifespan so maybe he is taking suppliments.
My copperband also had this dark mark on his side and now it is almost gone. This is how he looked a few months ago.

Then a few weeks ago it faded.

Now it faded even more which leads me to believe he drew that black mark on his side with magic marker.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was a bar code.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be a nice reading lamp by the bed. I can get food just fine [emoji481] [emoji488] [emoji489] [emoji14] . We just need the big chunk of moolah to get all the expensive lights, skimmer, etc. I'll, have to show my hubby your glass blue bubbly light to see if he can make something like that, I would love to have that by the bed.

I just finished a new one which I really like. The glass is two liquor bottles cut in half and the necks also cut off. I am not crazy about those bottles so am drinking heavily to get two more, nice looking bottles. I hope my liver holds out.
The part where the antique radio switch is in is a quart paint can. I cut out about 3" of the middle and squashed the ends together and the base is oak. There is an 11" 40 watt bulb in there.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The liver is like any other muscle, works better the more it is exercised. The rest of me may need work, but I have the liver of an Olympian :p
And it has the added advantage of making you smarter!

Some scientists believe we only use between 20%-30% of our brain cells. Alcohol gives you a buzz by killing brain cells. Darwin taught us survival of the fittest.
So, if we have more brain cells than we need and alcohol kills the weak ones, we have raised the average ability of the remaining brain cells. Consider it cleaning out the gene pool at a local level! ;)

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome. If the brain cells thing is true I'm getting smarter by the second!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished my first pass with the snowblower. We already got about 10" of mostly icy looking snow. I had to wear ski goggles because the ice is driven very hard by the wind and I had trouble seeing without the goggles. Early this morning I delivered some bagels to some older people I know but I had to clear my driveway first to get my Jeep out as the plows build up huge piles of snow on both sides of the street and I tried to plow through it but even in 4 wheel drive I got stuck because the ice builds up under the car and lifts the wheels off the ground. I got it off the mountain and it was fine.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today after breakfast at a diner my wife and I went to the gym. Our regular gym is closed this week because they are doing a water change in the pool. I think they got algae, cyano or flatworms, I really don't know but the town lets us go to another gym if ours is closed.

This other gym is beautiful. It is also gigantic with maybe fifty new machines. A huge room for basketball where you can probably have 4 games going on at once and a very big aerobics studio. Outside they have electric plugs in the parking lot if you have an electric car (which no one has) and all the shrubbery uses almost no water like cactus so the water drains down through the rocks to be collected to use in the bathrooms. Besides myself and my wife, there were two other people there. We have gone there a few times and never saw more than two or three people there. Anyway, after exercising I went into the bathroom.

A sign over the urinals and toilet bowls reads "Gray recycled water Do Not Drink."

I am so glad they posted those signs because I was thirsty and just about to stick my head in there for a drink. I mean, is it me! Do they really need those signs? It's like that little bag they put in with electronics that read "Do Not Eat". Like how hungry are you anyway!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today after breakfast at a diner my wife and I went to the gym. Our regular gym is closed this week because they are doing a water change in the pool. I think they got algae, cyano or flatworms, I really don't know but the town lets us go to another gym if ours is closed.

This other gym is beautiful. It is also gigantic with maybe fifty new machines. A huge room for basketball where you can probably have 4 games going on at once and a very big aerobics studio. Outside they have electric plugs in the parking lot if you have an electric car (which no one has) and all the shrubbery uses almost no water like cactus so the water drains down through the rocks to be collected to use in the bathrooms. Besides myself and my wife, there were two other people there. We have gone there a few times and never saw more than two or three people there. Anyway, after exercising I went into the bathroom.

A sign over the urinals and toilet bowls reads "Gray recycled water Do Not Drink."

I am so glad they posted those signs because I was thirsty and just about to stick my head in there for a drink. I mean, is it me! Do they really need those signs? It's like that little bag they put in with electronics that read "Do Not Eat". Like how hungry are you anyway!
Ok, you got me. I couldn't help but break out laughing!

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you are putting down the Grand Marnier for a night for some Redbreast or Guinness / Smithwicks. Slainte

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually we went out with some friends last night to an Irish Pub for some corn beef and cabbage. (and Guinness) I'm not Irish, but I have green eyes so they let me in. :rolleyes:

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually we went out with some friends last night to an Irish Pub for some corn beef and cabbage. (and Guinness) I'm not Irish, but I have green eyes so they let me in. :rolleyes:
Pretty sure it was the green in your wallet they were most interested in. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty sure it was the green in your wallet they were most interested in. :rolleyes:

I am sure, but corned beef and cabbage is actually a pretty cheap dish as far as restaurant fare is. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received snow chains for my snowblower from Amazon. From past experience I know that snow blowers work much better with chains. I bought these after a lot of searching because two reviews said they thought they were made in America. When I opened the box there is this bag and in huge letters it is printed "Made in China". I don't see how you can miss that. Now I am not sure if I will just return them or throw them out as they were not very expensive. I will just make my own. I hate it when I am fooled like that through my own stupidity. :mad:
I wish they would state where stuff is made before they sell it. I realize 99.9% of people don't care one bit about that, but I am of that last tenth of a percent. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back