Tank cover condensation

  • Thread starter Thread starter dsmhero
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dsmhero

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 7, 2011
Messages
406
Reaction score
13
Location
MT
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just cut an acrylic cover for my 24g and it instantly accumulated condensation on the underside. Is there a way to resolve this issue? Thank you for all your input.


DSCN3854.jpg
 
Fish block. Just added a flasher wrasse and yasha goby.
 
Vents or a fan blowing across it is all i can think of... I had the same issue when i had a glass top on my 55. I set a fan up in the corner of my room and that was enough to get it to go away.....
 
Thanks for all the input, here is what I did...

DSCN3860.jpg


I will probably switch over to the BRS 1/4" clear screen but this will do for now.
 
I was going to suggest going to a smaller hole opening. Seems like it doesn't take much of a hole for a jumper to get through.
 
Let us know how it goes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new