Tearing down 65 gallon tank red slime algae problem

MaryA

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for having me in your group! I’ve been sick for a while and gave away my corals. I kept the live rock and damsels. I had actinic and metal halides and it looked nice. Now a wasteland of red algae and two triggerfish, and damsels. Transformer for lights blew, stand is starting to lean, time for a trade. Tank is about 20yrs and fish 5. How, after scrubbing, do I kill the slime algae and keep it from getting into a new tank? Your comments are appreciated. Yes, asking the lips to take triggerfish
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new