Temp from heat..

  • Thread starter Thread starter tgp4274
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tgp4274

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2013
Messages
652
Reaction score
357
Location
sandwich IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so not sure if this has ever been asked as I haven't seen it posted..
how warm can I let my tank get before I start to get worried????
am enjoying the fresh air but with it getting hot outside my tank is now up to 83... I normaly keep it at 78.. no I don't own a chiller...
thanks guys :)
 
I'd say this is a personal preference and how your take is setup along with your maintenance routine. Personally since summer is approaching and the days are warmer I don't let mine go above 82*. Anything after that, the fans come on and I get it cooled down to 79ish. If you do go with a fan and don't own a chiller, be prepared to have extra jugs of RO on hand along with an ATO if you don't already.
 
tank water vol is 150gal so oh yes I have an ATO :)
I was just wondering when it really becomes a concern.. what like 90????
 
If your corals are used to the low 80's, 83 will be no problem and you will probably experience faster growth. Many experienced reefers run their tanks in the 80-84 range with great results. I take action when I see 85....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new