The Angel Lovers Thread

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great looking set up! I'm relatively new to saltwater aquariums and have had my 75g FOWLR up for about 4 and a half months now. I just got a bicolor dwarf angel and am looking for thoughts on adding a flame angel. Would like to wait a month or so, but seeing as how you have multiple angels in your tank, how'd you do it and do you have any advice? Also, is a 75g too small for multiple angels? I do a 15% PWC every week, but I don't know if more angels would need more water changed or just a bigger tank... Thanks!
You might be pushing it with a 75 gallon tank!!! Maybe small dwarf angels?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pest! ;)

DSC_0637 (1024x760).jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a coral beauty anglefish and I wanted to know, if it was possible to get another one for my 150 gallon mixed reef? And can they breed if I get a pair?
Centropyge angels are protogynous hermaphrodites, but does have bidirectional sex change. If you put tow small ones, or another small one or 2 or 3 in your tank, they will form a harem and spawn. in order to breed them, you are going to need to raise the fry, which is doable but not easy.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me ask you angel lovers this,

How many dwarfs and you add to a 300 gal with say 50 sump =350 total FOWLR system if they whet QT and added together?

other tanks makes would be 5 ish or so butterflies, emp angle, regal and a few tangs.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which species? You don't really have to add them at the same time, just add the juveniles one at a time.
I added my Flame Angels two then one more than the 4th one. My system have two Regal Angels, one Purple, Yellow and Powder Blue tangs, a Harlequin Tusk and about 20 wrasses all in a 320 DT with 100 gal sump. It is a mixed reef instead of FOWLR

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which species? You don't really have to add them at the same time, just add the juveniles one at a time.
I added my Flame Angels two then one more than the 4th one. My system have two Regal Angels, one Purple, Yellow and Powder Blue tangs, a Harlequin Tusk and about 20 wrasses all in a 320 DT with 100 gal sump. It is a mixed reef instead of FOWLR

a flame he starts to eat my reef.
coral beauty
ebili
multi bar?
nox
potters

IDK just a few dwarf for more color

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ maybe someone with experience mixing Dwarfs will chime in. :D
I kept a pair of flames with a potters. Introduced together though and they were good together for over a yr prior to my tank wiping out. They hybridize frequently so as long as you add them together you shouldn’t have an issue. How large is your tank?

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a pair of flames with a potters. Introduced together though and they were good together for over a yr prior to my tank wiping out. They hybridize frequently so as long as you add them together you shouldn’t have an issue. How large is your tank?

cool! I was thinking if adding them at once after a QT.

well this is all a a thought right now but I have this unfinished basement redid a total gut on the house was not planed but ended up happening. we are almost done witha year long project so naturally I am thinking of that basement would make a really nice media room with large projector system ( nothing to crazy there ) & a large FOWLR. 240 min. but I am thinking of a 300 or 340 10' or going BIG with a plywood tank in the 500 to 720+ range. this would not happen until next winter that is if things pick back up with my biz.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be plenty of space. My flames paired and would spawn but the potters never really formed a harem per se

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there I wanted to know if it was possible to breed dwarf angles? Like make a hybrid, say if it is possible to cross breed two species of dwarf angles like a coral beaut and a flame angle. I just want to know if it’s possible to make a hybrid of two other species of dwarf angles.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there I wanted to know if it was possible to breed dwarf angles? Like make a hybrid, say if it is possible to cross breed two species of dwarf angles like a coral beaut and a flame angle. I just want to know if it’s possible to make a hybrid of two other species of dwarf angles.
It is possible but very difficult to breed dwarf angels.
Some dwarf angelfish can hybridize within complexes but the centropyge genus is quite large and not all species in it are closely related.
I believe the only dwarf hybrids have been xiphypops or the pigmy angelfish, recently Andrew Gosch hybridized the cherub with African flame back, previously Frank Baensch has hybridized various pigmy including resplendent crossed with other pigmy angels. I don’t know of anyone successful with hybrids of other complex of dwarf angelfish.

Are there any ways to tell the gender of coral beauty angle fish and flame angles? If so can you please tell me.
Flame angels can easily be sexed quick search of google or here will show pictures. @Orion frequently posts pictures of the males and females from his flame harem. Coral beauties cannot be readily sexed only exhibiting sexual dimorphism during spawning courtship.

The guppy guru

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible but very difficult to breed dwarf angels.
Some dwarf angelfish can hybridize within complexes but the centropyge genus is quite large and not all species in it are closely related.
I believe the only dwarf hybrids have been xiphypops or the pigmy angelfish, recently Andrew Gosch hybridized the cherub with African flame back, previously Frank Baensch has hybridized various pigmy including resplendent crossed with other pigmy angels. I don’t know of anyone successful with hybrids of other complex of dwarf angelfish.

Flame angels can easily be sexed quick search of google or here will show pictures. @Orion frequently posts pictures of the males and females from his flame harem. Coral beauties cannot be readily sexed only exhibiting sexual dimorphism during spawning courtship.
K thanks for the info

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to keep 3 dwarf angels specifically flame, coral beauty, and pygmy Red Sea Reefer 250?

Back