The Angel Lovers Thread

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@this is me, OMG I could watch your tank all day! yes I have been looking at the RS juvi. regal from L.A I do enjoy the transition, fun to watch some day I want to do that with an emperor. but I think the regal will be a perfect show fish for my red sea 750XXL love the colors and patterns.

oh did you not QT the regal? I was thinking of doing a 6 week qt for all the fish including copper RX

this is me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@this is me, OMG I could watch your tank all day! yes I have been looking at the RS juvi. regal from L.A I do enjoy the transition, fun to watch some day I want to do that with an emperor. but I think the regal will be a perfect show fish for my red sea 750XXL love the colors and patterns.

oh did you not QT the regal? I was thinking of doing a 6 week qt for all the fish including copper RX

To be blunt, I'm not the best person to talk about fish quarantine with.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be blunt, I'm not the best person to talk about fish quarantine with.
totally understand I have never either in my 10 years of on and off reefing. never had a problem. knock on wood but was thinking I might give it a go...??

looks like you are having amazing success what ever you are doing!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My baby Flame angel. She is just about 1.25 inches lone. Was pretty thin when I got her from PETCO but is gaining weight quickly. This is the third Flame Angel in my 320 DT. She is been pick on a little by my Flame angel pair in the DT. However, I think you can see that she is fat and is growing a lot. Hope she will be just "one of the girls" in the near future.
FlameAngel2019021001.jpg

Last edited:

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else having trouble adding new angels and having them passing away in a short period of time? I always have had great success with angels but in 2019 not so much.... They are healthy and deteriorate down in a few days.. Nobody picks on them at all.. I have other angels that are established and are healthy as could be.. Any input much appreciated. I have a 265 with a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock sump and a 60 gallon tank that is plumbed in as well... Parameters are very good.. It is a fish only system...

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody else having trouble adding new angels and having them passing away in a short period of time? I always have had great success with angels but in 2019 not so much.... They are healthy and deteriorate down in a few days.. Nobody picks on them at all.. I have other angels that are established and are healthy as could be.. Any input much appreciated. I have a 265 with a 300 gallon Rubbermaid stock sump and a 60 gallon tank that is plumbed in as well... Parameters are very good.. It is a fish only system...
what species of angels have you attempted before they have died?

elisa h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My scribbled I'm rehoming sadly. [emoji22] I added a bandit angel and didn't want the two to fight. She was the largest angel at 5-6" and was the boss of the tank so didn't want to risk it with the bandit.
f74364f06acad1cddabbf93d522af88f.jpg
575caf6790647a11d8c7222cc4d690f5.jpg
56f41a8b4397fd164e8ae3919016d315.jpg

Beautiful fish! I’m sure you will find her a great home. You have to post pictures of the bandit!!

tkiry1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the symptoms that the fish showed before dying?

Blueface angel.. Was eating and fat as heck and showed no symptoms and one morning just died. Twice on blueface... And sub adult emp angel same exact thing.. No symptoms at all....

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
480 G added as a juvenile, I think there is a picture back in this thread somewhere. No problems with any of them eating coral.

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear! Crossing my fingers here... Love the goldflakes...Very sharp one you got there.

No problems with LPS/zoas?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back