The Angel Lovers Thread

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only ever Conspic and Blue Line cross was an accident from Poma Labs and it’s in Andrew Sandler’s tank, I think. I’ve seen it. Basically a Conspic with blue lines but more scratched and scribbled than what you’d find on a purebred Blue Line. Conspic x Meredithi is another naturally occurring cross, in the past most specimens went to Japan I believe. Many of us on the Western side of the hobby prefer to spend on both fish and corals, some of those over in Japan are willing to forego corals or set up a smaller reef and have larger FOWLRs for some really rare and expensive fish.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a little tricky lol. It’s a hybrid. Cross between the rarest Black Phantom, and the not so common Black Velvet. It’s a natural occurring hybrid. Yet super super hard to find, with the Black Phantom Angel being one of the rarest in the world. I’ve just put it as a Black Phantom Velvet. But don’t let that discourage you. Since it’s a cross basically all the traits from both fish are passed on. So any Black Velvet will give you around the same character and hardiness. This is a tricky pool to dive into, as so many of these angels look alike, there’s like 5 other types, and have natural occurring hybrids. Hopefully you find one. If you want some care tips and some experience I’ll be happy to help.
Will do I will be looking for all advice from you and others thank you

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only ever Conspic and Blue Line cross was an accident from Poma Labs and it’s in Andrew Sandler’s tank, I think. I’ve seen it. Basically a Conspic with blue lines but more scratched and scribbled than what you’d find on a purebred Blue Line. Conspic x Meredithi is another naturally occurring cross, in the past most specimens went to Japan I believe. Many of us on the Western side of the hobby prefer to spend on both fish and corals, some of those over in Japan are willing to forego corals or set up a smaller reef and have larger FOWLRs for some really rare and expensive fish.
Sounds good fish only tank with only angles in it

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if we’re talking about hybrids then here’s my female ‘Melanospilos’ I had that I believe was in fact a hybrid.
0A298BB8-0061-47BD-BCA9-2826F23CDD5B.jpeg

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list from the uk online shopping what does everyone think is the best angle here
70314935-4DF4-4084-ADF3-85F5A9AF9EF4.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a list from the uk online shopping what does everyone think is the best angle here
70314935-4DF4-4084-ADF3-85F5A9AF9EF4.png
Theres a couple on there that are good;
- Bellus Angel
- Watanabei Angel
- Singapore Angel
- Majestic Angel
- Regal Angel
- Velvet Angel

Pneumatic_Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7B8D277D-A1EB-466B-B740-758FC4AE3DCA.jpeg

I remember seeing this pic for the first time. Fish didn’t even look real. Crazy…

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did some general house cleaning. Rearranged the rock work to accommodate upcoming inhabitants. Thought I’d snap a few lousy pics of the gang.

Someday, when I grow up, I’ll buy a real camera…..

4E4A25A7-0868-445F-9520-01B37E98BC1F.jpeg

11EE7A58-D936-43F5-A14B-AD9E30F4051D.jpeg

9DC75C31-767F-4640-88D8-4C4F9681B112.jpeg

2162A44A-25E0-41EA-8A21-0017BB993CA2.jpeg

18406014-7365-43B6-B95D-3EA3DA1CA159.jpeg
Beautiful collection

ReefSakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These queen angle breeding pair is so nice. Picking up the pair of breeding black tangs but man I would love the pair of queens too but can't. Maybe I set a dedicated tank for them lol.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like looking up underwater diving videos from Japan as well as Japanese YouTubers who collect marine fish, some keep them in their tanks, others return them to the ocean. From what I see in these videos, the common (dwarf) angelfish species in Japanese waters seems to be:

Coral Beauty (C. Bispinosa)

Purple Masked (P. Venusta)

Bicolor (C. Bicolor)

Yellow (C. Heraldi)

Keyhole (C. Tibicen)

Half-Black (C. Vroliki)

Lemonpeel (only Ogasawara Islands) (C. Flavissima)

Rusty (C. Ferrugata)

Pacific Pygmy (C. “Xiphypops” Flavicauda / Fisheri)

Multi-Bar (rare and only in Ryukyus) (P. Multifasciata)

Japanese Dwarf (C. Interruptus)

The most common large angelfish species seems to be the Blue Lined (C. Septentrionalis), followed by Regals, Japanese Swallowtails, Lamarck’s, Singapore and the Japanese variant of the Black Velvet (C. cf Melanosoma sp. Japan).

Japanese reefs are interesting because from Kyushu southwards to the northern Philippines there is one fauna arc, while the Ogasawara Islands and southwards form part of the Micronesian / Polynesian eco region. This makes me curious as to why species like C. Multicolor and C. Loricula aren’t found in Japan.

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember if I asked this in here, but my wife REALLY wants a flame angel for our mixed reef 125. I'd love to get her one, but we're worried about aggression and corals. I know each fish is different, and honestly, none of our fish so far have been anything like what their normal description seems to be, so it's pretty much a gamble every time so far.

Are flames really that aggressive though? We had a female bellus angel that went completely rogue, attacking quite a few fish. Tank wasn't stocked much then either.

My previous main concern was our coppperband, but we've since given up on them and don't have any fish nearly that sensitive anymore. Any advice?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back