The Angel Lovers Thread

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.
Especially if they are at different stages. Smaller or larger than what u have.
Use a mirror and rearrange half the rocks if there is fin nipping.
seeing the size of my magnificent, what would be the best size to get an emperor at then? mind you it would be the last fish. id likely get it and something else to reduce my aggression a bit.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry my glass is dirty. I don't want to stress the new 2 out for a few more days. Scraping the glass when its lights out sucks LOL
IMG_20200219_183358.jpg
IMG_20200219_183345.jpg

Whisperer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this large regal three days ago. He’s shy but started eating chopped scallops. I bought frozen mussels and placed one in the tank but only my moorish idol is nibbling on it so far, he tried a quick bite and swam away.
C7FF18FC-1B37-4461-9DF9-35B4B1C2FFA5.jpeg

The mag-float is a reference as to its size.

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this large regal three days ago. He’s shy but started eating chopped scallops. I bought frozen mussels and placed one in the tank but only my moorish idol is nibbling on it so far, he tried a quick bite and swam away.

Is that a regal? It is gorgeous

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If he's eating something, you're already doing well.

My first one would only eat mysis. After almost a year, it started eating blanched broccoli. It took 2.5 years before it began to even look at Nori.

For broccoli, I recommend steaming it or searing it quickly in a frying pan. What you're trying to do is break up the fibers so it softens enough for them to be eaten and able to be digested by the fish.

It might take time, but I've had good success with broccoli for getting my Regals to eat vegetables and transition over to Nori eventually.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally post good news on here but I think I need to post the negative also. Since 2012 I have had fairly great luck with Regal Angels both Red Sea and Maldives. Regals came from NYAquatics, Petco, My LFS, and Live Aquaria. I would say I had a 90% success rate. While I was trying to make pairs some on here, co-workers husbands, and a lfs enjoyed getting the ones that didn't work out. Now here comes the bad, I ordered two juveniles from LA late 2019, one ate well the other not so and perished fairly quickly. The one resides in my 310 with a larger one and eats very well. This month I ordered two from my LFS and after some delays they came in. Once again one is eating the other did not. I moved the one to my home isolation tank where it perished after three days and it never did eat. In the past I labeled Maldives Regals as bullet proof, I can't say that anymore. One thing I left out was I ordered from LA last year a medium sized adult and it never ate. So in the last year I went from 90% to 40%. I am bailing from the Regal Angel market, hopefully collection practices get better.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 69 47.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 48 32.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back