The Angel Lovers Thread

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the majestic angels know to be collected with cyanide? If thats the case it is hit or miss if they will survive long term.
Which would be more likely to bother corals, the majestic or a flame like @OrionN?
@OrionN, your flame is amazing in coloration. do they leave your corals alone?
thanks
Jeff
Thanks. My Flame Angels have not kill anything yet, but they do peck on corals now and then. No harm done. Clams, SPS and LPS all growing well.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on my angels

fish 3-8-2020.jpg

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the scribble 6 months and the goldflake only 1 month, They both ate the first day in the QT tanks. The scribble had a bout of Lymph but doing great now. Their appetites are great. I feed a varied diet which includes HPD and sponges as well as the normal Nori, Mysis, Brime, krill etc. I mix it all up except at least once a week a spoon feed sponges to all the angels which includes these 2 plus Queen, flagfin and emperor. They are doing wonderful but I do have the tank under a current copper regimen as precaution after seeing a powdery sheen on Gem tang. They are on day 16 and have tolerated the copper power treatment fairly well. Yes I decided to douse the FOWLR display as I’m not concerned about some copper leaching out over time....,,in fact would prefer it. Sometime down the road I will try some hardy corals but my love is really with the fish in my 625g custom tank. Thx...love angels and tangs....

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really common angels, but very beautiful, graceful and showy. Perfect dwarf angel IMO. Here is a picture of male and female healthy, non stress Flame angels, that will show the differences between male and female that can be easily observe. Normal coloration in my tank, non nuptial.

Male
flameangel2019082511male-jpg.1482459

Female
flameangel2020032101female-jpg.1482460

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 24.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back