The Angel Lovers Thread

Whisperer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure it’s the right topic, she’s not a tuna or a pufferfish.
23F0CE25-9DED-41A4-867F-35B1D2291434.jpeg

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My majestic has stopped eating. I bought her 3 months ago through a wholesaler. she ate really well for the first 2 months or so. I put it through a month of qt in hypo. About 3 weeks ago I noticed she wasnt eating much at all. It went on for a week or so and then she started to eat again. It has now stopped eating again. Its been a good week to two weeks since I saw her eat. The fish looks good. It shows interest in food but wont eat. I think I will catch her and put into my 40 gallon breeder away from the other fish and try to feed some different foods. Any other suggestions?
thanks
Jeff

noxel56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh god how I want an angel! I’m only 14 and setting up a 40b reef so I would be limited to dwarf. Even then I don’t know if the tank would be to small and would provoke aggression. Also I like some smaller fish that tend to be known as peaceful, like firefish. I also don’t want to risk any corals since I’m on a budget and losing a few to him would make me tear my hair out, knowing it was preventable. If anyone can try and convince me as to why I should get an angel, then go for it.

Thomashtom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My majestic has stopped eating. I bought her 3 months ago through a wholesaler. she ate really well for the first 2 months or so. I put it through a month of qt in hypo. About 3 weeks ago I noticed she wasnt eating much at all. It went on for a week or so and then she started to eat again. It has now stopped eating again. Its been a good week to two weeks since I saw her eat. The fish looks good. It shows interest in food but wont eat. I think I will catch her and put into my 40 gallon breeder away from the other fish and try to feed some different foods. Any other suggestions?
thanks
Jeff
Any scratching or aggression from other fish?

WindyCityReefer.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh god how I want an angel! I’m only 14 and setting up a 40b reef so I would be limited to dwarf. Even then I don’t know if the tank would be to small and would provoke aggression. Also I like some smaller fish that tend to be known as peaceful, like firefish. I also don’t want to risk any corals since I’m on a budget and losing a few to him would make me tear my hair out, knowing it was preventable. If anyone can try and convince me as to why I should get an angel, then go for it.

Angels are hit or miss in terms of coral nipping. People have different experiences so you will get a variety of answers. Long story short, it is a risk regardless of angel.

Here is my multicolor angel. Absolutely love his personality!

IMG_2526wcr.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks
Jeff
Can you give us an idea of what you are trying to feed her with currently?

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp after 10 days of health, eating and what I thought was good and settled. I didn't see the magnificent yesterday, figured he got spooked from the extra noise and traffic by the tank yesterday, but he was nowhere to be found tonight, so I pulled rocks where his cave had been and found the body. A bit eaten already, but no sign of disease or anything, so not sure. I'll try another one eventually. Hopefully find both angels this time at once. Le sigh

mayday0237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp after 10 days of health, eating and what I thought was good and settled. I didn't see the magnificent yesterday, figured he got spooked from the extra noise and traffic by the tank yesterday, but he was nowhere to be found tonight, so I pulled rocks where his cave had been and found the body. A bit eaten already, but no sign of disease or anything, so not sure. I'll try another one eventually. Hopefully find both angels this time at once. Le sigh
I have a raging velvet outbreak....emperor gone, clown tang gone, dropping salinity slow to try and stop me from losing the other 2 large Angels...my Tuskfish looks cloudy as does my magnificent...I don't know if it was the emperor or the clown that came in with it...but uuugh...yes I know I'm not a quarantine person...
This sucks. :'(

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a raging velvet outbreak....emperor gone, clown tang gone, dropping salinity slow to try and stop me from losing the other 2 large Angels...my Tuskfish looks cloudy as does my magnificent...I don't know if it was the emperor or the clown that came in with it...but uuugh...yes I know I'm not a quarantine person...
This sucks. :'(
Prayers my friend! May it all turn out ok in the end.

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any of you ever had a growth on like this on your angel? its in QT it looks like lympho but im not 100% sure wanted to be sure before i put it in my display its already been through the rounds of metro and prazi and is otherwise really healthy and eating well

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you give us an idea of what you are trying to feed her with currently?
I lost this fish this past week. I have been feeding a mixture of brine, mysis, nori, krill, and some dried blood and black worms. She ate like a champ for the first 2 months then stopped eating, started eating, stopped eating. I moved her to my 40 gallon breeder what only had 3 anthias in it and she seemed to be doing good. They just up and died. I suspect cyanide, she only lasted 3 1/2 months. such an amazing fish. No scratching of flashing. Was in hypo for the past 2 weeks.
thanks
Jeff

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost this fish this past week. I have been feeding a mixture of brine, mysis, nori, krill, and some dried blood and black worms. She ate like a champ for the first 2 months then stopped eating, started eating, stopped eating. I moved her to my 40 gallon breeder what only had 3 anthias in it and she seemed to be doing good. They just up and died. I suspect cyanide, she only lasted 3 1/2 months. such an amazing fish. No scratching of flashing. Was in hypo for the past 2 weeks.
thanks
Jeff
Oh wow! I am so sorry for you loss! That is heart breaking!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My male Flame Angel. Common fish but very flashy and beautiful IMO. This is a small young male. He is now about 2 inches. I got him about 18 months ago as a small, about 1 inch angel from Live Aquaria during one of their special. He was extremely small and thin but fortunately eat well and did fine. I got 3 but only two make it. I eventually added two more one at a time, from local Petco, to have a harem of 4 in my tank.
The second picture he start to show his nuptial coloration, which is brighter yellow. These pictures taken on 3/5/2020
FlameAngel2020030501Male.jpg
FlameAngel2020030502Male.jpg

This is an older picture which show full nuptial coloration of Flame Angel
FlameAngel2019082512MaleNuptial.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks
Jeff
Sorry for your loss. :(

coralbeauties

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for your loss. :(
Are the majestic angels know to be collected with cyanide? If thats the case it is hit or miss if they will survive long term.
Which would be more likely to bother corals, the majestic or a flame like @OrionN?
@OrionN, your flame is amazing in coloration. do they leave your corals alone?
thanks
Jeff

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the majestic angels know to be collected with cyanide? If thats the case it is hit or miss if they will survive long term.
Which would be more likely to bother corals, the majestic or a flame like @OrionN?
@OrionN, your flame is amazing in coloration. do they leave your corals alone?
thanks
Jeff
We just don't know for sure how each collector is using chemicals and/or techniques to stun fish for easy collection. And then there's the issue with what are they treating their holding tanks with, sub therapeutic copper, prazi, etc.?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 149 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back