The annoy disease with hard corals (bjd)

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having bad luck with jelly disease recently. A bunch of unlucky events. Like power outage, and a acrylic box falling onto my Duncan. How to you guys cure it, I only have coral rx. I can get iodine, but not any specific chems. What should I do with my LPS

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent had any first hand experience but a few have posted luck with removing the afflicted parts and keeping just the healthy tissue.

Unrealistic if your duncan is only a head or 2 though.

I can say i have dipped all of my lps in reef dip which is iodine with no ill effects.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a member here on Reef2reef:

I am not a friend of it, but the best way to safe the LPs who infected is antibiotic like Chloramphenicol and Erythromycin, i read often that Nitrofurazone will helped too. You must take out the infected Corals, put in a seperated tank or box and put 5mg Erythromycin in this seperated box, a mini stream and let it stay there for 6 hours. Just in few Minutes in the bad the Helicostoma begin to die. Repeat this the next 3 days and you will see it works.

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From a member here on Reef2reef:

I am not a friend of it, but the best way to safe the LPs who infected is antibiotic like Chloramphenicol and Erythromycin, i read often that Nitrofurazone will helped too. You must take out the infected Corals, put in a seperated tank or box and put 5mg Erythromycin in this seperated box, a mini stream and let it stay there for 6 hours. Just in few Minutes in the bad the Helicostoma begin to die. Repeat this the next 3 days and you will see it works.
Also I've noticed that most of the lps that die end up having broke jelly by the end of it. What could've caused this? My stats are on the range. Only think I can think of is detectable phosphate on the low range. Or is it because I used live rock which may have carried some pathogens?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back