Camaro Show Corals HIGH END SPS 550 Gallon system with Custom AGE 210g and large grow out system! (Picture Heavy)

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vivids terra de fuego
BFB9E215-86D0-43B3-AD9D-7117BE51CA04.jpeg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up with the tank updates!!!

Im Waiting GIF

I will have my return pump redo done before...LOL!!! ;Hilarious :p;Hilarious

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those BRS heater controllers you are using?

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's up with the tank updates!!!

Im Waiting GIF

I will have my return pump redo done before...LOL!!! ;Hilarious :p;Hilarious
Everything is in place just waiting on plumbing then to hang lights hook all the equipment up. I had a plumber come and check out the job last week and seemed really interested on getting the job done but wanted it all drew out on paper with the lines go, still waiting on him to get back on me about the details and price. I’m about ready to just say screw the big system and just have 2 300g systems, take the second sump out of the closet and put it under the 210 with the Abyzz A400 and with the extra apex system, I’d just have to sell the massive skimmer and buy 2 bubble kings probably.
C6C9D8AD-ACC7-407C-AB41-EDDB0BF38946.jpeg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked because if you are going to use it as I did, and use the BRS controller for primary and the Apex for secondary control then every once and a while the BRS controller will hang up and not bring on the heaters, thus, causing the temp on the Apex to show a little low. Don't get hung up on it, it will bring them on. I am guessing its certain times of the year when the house temp is hovering around that temp that the tank temp isn't influenced that much. I had to keep the settings on the BRS controller within 2-3/10 to keep it from causing big swings on the Apex temp probe.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is in place just waiting on plumbing then to hang lights hook all the equipment up. I had a plumber come and check out the job last week and seemed really interested on getting the job done but wanted it all drew out on paper with the lines go, still waiting on him to get back on me about the details and price. I’m about ready to just say screw the big system and just have 2 300g systems, take the second sump out of the closet and put it under the 210 with the Abyzz A400 and with the extra apex system, I’d just have to sell the massive skimmer and buy 2 bubble kings probably.
Which ever route you go its going to be awesome!

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t be intimidated by the plumbing! You could probably save a fortune by doing it yourself. Just need good ratcheting cutters, clear primer and glue both sides.

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t be intimidated by the plumbing! You could probably save a fortune by doing it yourself. Just need good ratcheting cutters, clear primer and glue both sides.
And brs has really good clamps to make your plumbing stable and clean looking

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Absolutely my club President and I did the plumbing on the 2 60g frag tanks and I did my 110g myself. This is just pretty extreme connecting the Rest of the system 3 frag tanks and 2 6ft sumps then going up through the closet ceiling, then under the steps landing, across one garage wall then turn abs go about halfway across the other garage wall into the 210g. Jamie explained it to a plumber when he was getting some stuff done on his house and the plumber told him his company would probably charge $15k so hopefully it’s not even close to that.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely my club President and I did the plumbing on the 2 60g frag tanks and I did my 110g myself. This is just pretty extreme connecting the Rest of the system 3 frag tanks and 2 6ft sumps then going up through the closet ceiling, then under the steps landing, across one garage wall then turn abs go about halfway across the other garage wall into the 210g. Jamie explained it to a plumber when he was getting some stuff done on his house and the plumber told him his company would probably charge $15k so hopefully it’s not even close to that.
Yeah, that is a rather invasive install and I would be calling in help for that myself for sure.

$15k for PVC work must include all of the floor/ceiling/wall patch up work. Otherwise, you are getting a Brooklyn NY quote for that work.

All that said, trades work right now around here is operating at a huge demand premium. I recently had a car charger installed. If I could wait 8 weeks, the price was half of a one week install. Easy for me to wait as I don't drive that far most days and a 110 plug was fine.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally redid my returns this weekend and added the Abyzz A200, AND, all I can say is I am truly impressed with the Abyzz. You will no be disappointed in the Abyzz. They are a BEAST of a pump. This is one thing that I can you get what you pay for Chayse.

OP
OP
Camaro Show Corals

Camaro Show Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally redid my returns this weekend and added the Abyzz A200, AND, all I can say is I am truly impressed with the Abyzz. You will no be disappointed in the Abyzz. They are a BEAST of a pump. This is one thing that I can you get what you pay for Chayse.
Absolutely Bill, when people ask about the Abyzz they really don’t understand how strong and built like tanks these pumps are!

fftfk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the deltech calcium reactor work out for you? I am in the process of looking for a calcium reactor and am going back and forth between an automatic one (deltech, dasatco, etc.) or a more traditional Ph controlled one (Geo, etc.).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back