The Jolt 180

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had not realized how big some of the colonies have gotten ....
277C1E30-946E-45B3-9395-9C48F236E180.jpeg

Amazing!!

OP
OP
jolt

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank updates????????????????

So the winter polar vortex fiasco here in Texas took a toll on my systems. I lost several of those nice colonies, and even still some things have not recovered. I wish I could say it wasn't so, but it is the sad truth... Fortunately quite a bit has recovered and is healthy and growing. So I will take it from here and move forward -- that's what we do, right???

OP
OP
jolt

jolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hows things going brother? Hopefully everything has recovered!

Well, thanks for asking. Shortly after my last post we experienced loss of power from lightning that took out the breakers on that tank, and I was out of town at the time. It took 36 hours to get someone over to the house and get things restored. Lost a lot of coral, needless to say. Then a few months after that I had a calcium reactor malfunction that caused an alk swing. Then, more recently, while out of town again, the return pump went out and it took me 18 hours to get someone to my house to replace it.

So, the tank is still up and running at this time, but is not its former self. I have lost many colonies but some are still doing well. Its acros after all, lol. The tank is getting up in years now so it is also showing what I think are signs of old tank issues (hard to manage phosphates, cyano outbreaks, constant equipment issues, etc.) It's been a good run and probably this tank still has a few more years left. I've been working on seeding new acros into the tank to replace the losses, and if I can keep it stable for long enough I will post an updated FTS at some point.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, thats alot of issues uve been through then! Sorry to hear brother.
But I guess u will come back stronger and the tank will be full of nice colonies shortly.

Keep us posted as youve got the skills man!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back