OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still waiting for the library to tell me that my stuff is done (was originally told Tuesday afternoon)...
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU
Waiting Patiently GIF by General Hospital

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a quick search (quick as in I typed in pla+ to the search and opened the first link) revealed this thread.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its fine... PETG is better but higher print temps and trickier bed adhesion but all in all not bad... I'd skip PLA and just go right for the *** AHEM** PETG
Probably the next roll will be petg. I already have bed adhesion issues. I just crank it to 100. That seems to do it well enough.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have one of those magnetic beds that comes off and bends? its taking me some getting used to... my CR-10 is glass... I use aquanet hair spray - works awesome.
I gouged that within the first hour it was set up. I think I missed leveling the bed right. Now I have a glass one.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
nice. try spraying it with tonnes of aquanet and drying it with a hairdryer or leaving it overnight. like alot (puddle).
after that you should be good with only a refresher from time to time until time to redo.
have to wait till it cools to get print or need to redo early...

makes it so you can print without anything for adhesion... sometimes you need to put recesses in your parrts to get them off the bed!

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. try spraying it with tonnes of aquanet and drying it with a hairdryer or leaving it overnight. like alot (puddle).
after that you should be good with only a refresher from time to time until time to redo.
have to wait till it cools to get print or need to redo early...

makes it so you can print without anything for adhesion... sometimes you need to put recesses in your parrts to get them off the bed!
That's pretty strong. Only thing I can't get well with cranking the temp it the cutter cap, but that could be my fault as I rotated it from the side to the end. In the hopes of saving filament not needing supports. I wouldn't turn down better adhesion though.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
if u use PETG on glass without something in-between, you'll need new glass. PETG bonds to glass. Get Aquanet.
some people prefer glue sticks while others use blue tape. I swear by Aqua Net. I even cut it little when its humid with Rave Hairspray which has the same ingredients but behaves differently.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if u use PETG on glass without something in-between, you'll need new glass. PETG bonds to glass. Get Aquanet.
some people prefer glue sticks while others use blue tape. I swear by Aqua Net. I even cut it little when its humid with Rave Hairspray which has the same ingredients but behaves differently.
Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

Thanks! I'll try is out. Maybe on stangs mushroom cage after camping this weekend.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found this on the book of faces last week. Picked it up for $20 Monday.
IMG_20221011_174126659_HDR.jpg

It's another 40b with stand. Evidently the orange from the back wall is gep. Some was still wet so I glued it to a rock and put it in the reef. Nothing has come out yet, but I do see some florescing so maybe something will happen.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I found this on the book of faces last week. Picked it up for $20 Monday.
IMG_20221011_174126659_HDR.jpg

It's another 40b with stand. Evidently the orange from the back wall is gep. Some was still wet so I glued it to a rock and put it in the reef. Nothing has come out yet, but I do see some florescing so maybe something will happen.
wow great price! Hit that stand with some rust reformer spray paint then another coat of black and you're all set!

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow great price! Hit that stand with some rust reformer spray paint then another coat of black and you're all set!
yep. didn't even see the tank before getting it. I thought "the stand alone is worth more, so even if the tank is garbage, it'll be worth it." The plan may be to squeeze one under the other and have a display sump/macro filter style tank. create an ecosystem of sorts.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back