The Mediocreef

Yes. I've seen it both ways. Depends on how quickly they grow. I've watched hair algae destroy a Mystic Sunset and I've watched a different Mystic Sunset grow over hair algae and another it.

Like @tbrown said: it could go either way.

Which is easier to remove? I'm thinking the bubble.
 
Which is easier to remove? I'm thinking the bubble.
Bubble Algae. Sunset Montis typically encrust in my limited experience.
 
Rather quickly for me. I moved a chuck a couple of weeks ago, the one I gave to @Fish Styx, and it had left new growth behind Saturday. Not counting the new that stayed attached to the chunk.

Bubble or aips?
Oh, bubble for sure.
 
Dumb dumb's gotta get to work then.
Let him get hungry... The Dainty Dictator told me to tell you to tell him, "hello". I hope you speak fish...
 
Let him get hungry... The Dainty Dictator told me to tell you to tell him, "hello". I hope you speak fish...
block him from the food? there's a lot available in there; maybe I can set up a cleaning tank. 10 gallons of water, rock with an aip and a starved dumb dumb.

I'll pass her message along.
 
Snow is fading.
IMG_20240309_201335983_HDR.jpg
 
New gsp and all it cost me was tolls to and from the airport (and gas). Hiding now, but was out when I got home this afternoon.
IMG_20240315_195701629.jpg

Also snowy tank.
Careful with placement. You might become like @rmorris_14
Destroy Sausage Dog GIF
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 38 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new