Which tang?

• Total voters

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Well, things didn’t exactly go as planned with our return to our beat up town.

We got to my mom’s house and the power was definitely on - for maybe 15 minutes. It went out for about two hours and when it came back on, the central a/c would not turn on. Called for an a/c technician but predictably could not get one here in the midst of Armageddon. One did agree to come in the morning. Maybe. So, we are spending the night in my dad’s old shop that has a small window unit that hasn’t been turned on in 10 years. We have cold air and cramped quarters. But, some people are actually having to sleep in tents. We are much better off.

And if that was not enough of a surprise, since the power was off for 15 days, the well pump lost it’s prime. So, while I am standing in the front doorway dialing the phone number for the well service, I look up and one of their trucks pulled up in the street directly in front of the house. I ran out to flag them down and within 20 minutes they had the pump going again. We have been so lucky on some stuff and not so lucky on others. Hopefully they can get the a/c going in the morning and things will closer to normal at my mom’s house.

Still no power at my house. The electrician has tried to get down my road several time but Entergy has had it blocked off. Today there was a crane on my street. The power line pulled away from my house when the pole on the street fell, that has to be repaired by an electrician (who will have to cut my service line to facilitate repairs) and Entergy will have to reconnect me, which they will do when they restore power to the neighborhood.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Tomorrow is another day. :)

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update. Well, things didn’t exactly go as planned with our return to our beat up town.

We got to my mom’s house and the power was definitely on - for maybe 15 minutes. It went out for about two hours and when it came back on, the central a/c would not turn on. Called for an a/c technician but predictably could not get one here in the midst of Armageddon. One did agree to come in the morning. Maybe. So, we are spending the night in my dad’s old shop that has a small window unit that hasn’t been turned on in 10 years. We have cold air and cramped quarters. But, some people are actually having to sleep in tents. We are much better off.

And if that was not enough of a surprise, since the power was off for 15 days, the well pump lost it’s prime. So, while I am standing in the front doorway dialing the phone number for the well service, I look up and one of their trucks pulled up in the street directly in front of the house. I ran out to flag them down and within 20 minutes they had the pump going again. We have been so lucky on some stuff and not so lucky on others. Hopefully they can get the a/c going in the morning and things will closer to normal at my mom’s house.

Still no power at my house. The electrician has tried to get down my road several time but Entergy has had it blocked off. Today there was a crane on my street. The power line pulled away from my house when the pole on the street fell, that has to be repaired by an electrician (who will have to cut my service line to facilitate repairs) and Entergy will have to reconnect me, which they will do when they restore power to the neighborhood.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Tomorrow is another day. :)
I'm HVAC contractor, we're getting 100-300 calls most days... Hope it get done.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning from “Lauraville”

CB927461-CCDC-4754-A488-4DFB37E8C9E7.jpeg

65F746AD-EFE9-4590-BDDE-050C8C682908.jpeg

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things are starting to look brighter for you!
Thanks. A little. I haven’t been back to my place in three days though. Things to do there as well. If we can get the a/c fixed at my mom’s it will make things easier still. One day at a time.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever wondered how I got to be such an old curmudgeon, I come by it honestly. My 85 year old mother standing looking at the hurricane debris in her yard said, “Whose insulation is that and what is it doing in my yard?!? :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
DNR just caught a bobcat MALE- 103 lbs this morning behind a neighbors house. I didnt believe her until she showed me her phone- I had to take pics of that

1599877433593.png
1599877455626.png
BTW- forgot to mention, right below the bobcat is 3 of her pet chickens. It killed 5 out of 9 of them

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. A little. I haven’t been back to my place in three days though. Things to do there as well. If we can get the a/c fixed at my mom’s it will make things easier still. One day at a time.
It could have been much worse in glad it wasn't

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why we don’t have power yet. Check out the behemoth concrete utility poles. Pretty sure these ain’t coming down anytime soon. This is in a residential dead end street. Curious as to what else they will Feeding off of our substation.

DD296864-EA54-44D5-B8F4-A932F740E118.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why we don’t have power yet. Check out the behemoth concrete utility poles. Pretty sure these ain’t coming down anytime soon. This is in a residential dead end street. Curious as to what else they will Feeding off of our substation.

DD296864-EA54-44D5-B8F4-A932F740E118.jpeg
Great opportunity to upgrade

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin ...its my turn next ;Meh doesn't sound like its going to be as strong as the one that hit you...but still ;Wideyed

FYI...Im located directly under where it says 10+ in the picture :confused:
Screenshot_20200912-121442_RZWeather.jpg
Yeah, I don’t wish that crap on anybody. Last I looked it was projected for SE Louisiana so hopefully you will be ok. You will be on the bad side though.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I don’t wish that crap on anybody. Last I looked it was projected for SE Louisiana so hopefully you will be ok. You will be on the bad side though.
Yeah, we're on the bad side, and the local weather guy is saying 10-15" of rain is possible. They are saying it is going to stall once it gets closer and will continue to dump rain and wind here until late Wednesday, will start getting rain and wind from it tomorrow ;Meh. Trying to find somewhere safe to put my harley today, and then gotta make sure every thing is off the floor in the storage room. Should be a fun day. ;Bored

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we're on the bad side, and the local weather guy is saying 10-15" of rain is possible. They are saying it is going to stall once it gets closer and will continue to dump rain and wind here until late Wednesday, will start getting rain and wind from it tomorrow ;Meh. Trying to find somewhere safe to put my harley today, and then gotta make sure every thing is off the floor in the storage room. Should be a fun day. ;Bored
This year has sucked from the start. Good luck and hope they are overestimating rain totals like they did our storm surge. I am moving furniture to orepare for them to drop the ceiling tomorrow. Fun times.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back