OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone else noticed that this thread circles round and round but always ends up with poop talk every so often?! ;)
And feet
IMG_20200806_115935366.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

A piece of my sea lettuce found its way to the display, and now is growing on the feeder ring.
cant decide if I should remove it or let it grow??? It’s growing much faster in the DT than the sump.
Personal opinions???
Leave it. Easy enough to remove

U

User1

View Badges
Leave it. Easy enough to remove

That was also going to be my suggestion. Sometimes macro algae is often overlooked as a natural part of our aquariums. I was keeping a large collection of macro algae in my tank for a few months as I prepared for my Lavender tang's arrival. It made short work of it but I will say that I never saw as rich colors as I did when it ate natural food. I later tried to grow it in a bucket that I ordered from indo pacific sea farms. Really great macro algae and the tang went bonkers for the red. I just didn't plumb and setup a system to keep it growing so ran out :D

I'm now setting up a refugium to do just this because it removes a bit of nutrients yet provides food. We shall see. In any case keep it unless you find it unattractive :D

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TBH i like how it looks, im just worried about the potential for it to get massive and cause shading.
As of right now itd NBD and the scopas hasnt discovered it yet. I used to rip some up and put it through the sump pump to shred it and it would enter the DT and the scopas loved it in small bits. But I dont think he realizes its edible yet (hes also still super shy). Also, its red in the sump (from the grow light) and this gorgeous vibrant green in the DT, so I like the contrast. Quite possible that the sump light is too intense, its a non adjustable bulb and I have it at pretty much the hightest it can be away from the sump. Also, it could be the pods like to snack on something more nutritious than detritus.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been cleaning all day trying to stay distracted. I just laughed so hard reading. I can't imagine my life without y'all!
You can come clean my place! I need a water change too!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been cleaning all day trying to stay distracted. I just laughed so hard reading. I can't imagine my life without y'all!
How is hubby doing with rotor router pre clean out

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back