The Official: College Football Discussion Thread

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to see how Nebraska plays against you. They might not win a game this year.
I agree Frost is going to have a rough time in Nebraska this year. Do they play Illini or Rutgers those games are winnable.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree Frost is going to have a rough time in Nebraska this year. Do they play Illini or Rutgers those games are winnable.

To be fair he was left with a steaming pile of hot garbage and a group of players that do not fit his system what so ever. He literally needs time for a top to bottom rebuild. Hopefully the fanbase/administration gives it to him.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair he was left with a steaming pile of hot garbage and a group of players that do not fit his system what so ever. He literally needs time for a top to bottom rebuild. Hopefully the fanbase/administration gives it to him.
He really needs 4 years. 3 to purge out the pile and 1 additional for his players to come into there own . And establish a culture . Hope they give it to him .

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He really needs 4 years. 3 to pourge out the pile and 1 additional for his players to come into there own . And establish a culture . Hope they give it to him .

No doubt he needs 3-5 years to get it turned around. People like to point out his turnaround of taking over 0-12 UCF to 12-0 in 2017, but they don’t really point out that the teem he took over wasn’t really devoid of talent and had won a BCS bowl only a couple seasons prior. That said, I didn’t think Nebraska would be THIS bad.

I think that this hire and the Tennessee hire were some of the most important ones of the past few decades. If those hires go bad (which I don’t think Frost will) then the programs may not be relevant again for some time.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I agree. As much as I hate to say it I think he will turn out to be a great coach at Nebraska.

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He really needs 4 years. 3 to purge out the pile and 1 additional for his players to come into there own . And establish a culture . Hope they give it to him .

That’s the problem. They really need to just sit back and relax and let him take control. Those fans just get antsy even after 1 bad year.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see UT getting a boost by adding a grad transfer Jalen Hurts next year. I don't see Frost being as lucky.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H8 U

The teams I avidly follow are Virginia Tech, Auburn and UAB (Season Tickets).

Week 1 I went to 4 games:
UAB vs. Savannah State
Georgia Tech vs. Alcorn State
Auburn vs. Washington
Virginia Tech at FSU

I also went 4-0 on the weekend and really enjoyed my beginning to the college football season.

I don't know why it took me so long to realize this, but why does the top-25 even exist? There's 1 "Group of 5" program ranked this week, so we're basically ranking 25 our of 65 programs...what's the point? College basketball ranks 25 teams as well, but there are 351 programs and the final poll of 2018 had 6 non "Power 5" (and non Big East) teams ranked. I know we're going to get to the end of the season and see 11-1/10-2 teams like Fresno State, North Texas, Memphis, etc. unranked behind 8-4 P5 teams.

Would have been two if my team hadn't tanked ;Blackeye

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doubt he needs 3-5 years to get it turned around. People like to point out his turnaround of taking over 0-12 UCF to 12-0 in 2017, but they don’t really point out that the teem he took over wasn’t really devoid of talent and had won a BCS bowl only a couple seasons prior. That said, I didn’t think Nebraska would be THIS bad.

I think that this hire and the Tennessee hire were some of the most important ones of the past few decades. If those hires go bad (which I don’t think Frost will) then the programs may not be relevant again for some time.
Not to mention talent pool to recruit from.

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transplanted from Texas to go to The University of Alabama in ‘10 and graduated in ‘15 (5 is better than 4). Been a little spoiled but I’m looking forward to 2 in a row come January

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it seems ridiculous saying it this early, but

1. By the end of the year I do not think BYU will be a bad loss.

2. I still think OSU loses to Wisconsin

Since they don't play each other during the regular season, the only way that will happen is if they meet in the Big 10 Championship game. I think Wisconsin should be there easy. The west is a soft conference this year (IMHO ;)). I'm less sure of OSU since they have to play Penn State, UofM and MSU.

We'll come back to this at the end of the regular season. ;Smug

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since they don't play each other during the regular season, the only way that will happen is if they meet in the Big 10 Championship game. I think Wisconsin should be there easy. The west is a soft conference this year (IMHO ;)). I'm less sure of OSU since they have to play Penn State, UofM and MSU.

We'll come back to this at the end of the regular season. ;Smug

For sure. For the record I think UofM and MSU have both already proven they are garbage, you might lose to Penn St, but you guys should be favored in every other game this season. I'm still concerned about PSU now that Joe Moorehead is gone, but we'll see. I think the East was built up pre-season to be tougher than it really is.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure. For the record I think UofM and MSU have both already proven they are garbage, you might lose to Penn St, but you guys should be favored in every other game this season. I'm still concerned about PSU now that Joe Moorehead is gone, but we'll see. I think the East was built up pre-season to be tougher than it really is.

I'd pretty much agree about MSU being weak. But I think UofM is better than what they showed against ND and could be the eventual Big 10 winner this year. I see them as even a bigger threat than PSU. But PSU is only 2 weeks away and UofM is the end of the season and a whole host of injuries down the road! I'm a Big 10 fan, but I think in the big games against other conferences, especially bowl games, the Big 10 tends to under perform and even choke! It's driven me crazy for years!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Problem is, we all know the fans won't give ANY coach that long these days. It's now, now, now or ELSE!

I feel bad for any coach walking into a dump of a program. Especially one that has such a great history and has fallen on bad times.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets see,

Favorite team growing up living in the great commonwealth of Kentucky, so Go Wildcats!

Father went to LSU for school, so Geaux Tigers!

And having my favorite high school player from BCHS, the great Shaun Alexander, go to Alabama I always say Roll Tide!

So that all boils down to... SEC SEC SEC!

Back