OP
Amoo

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had the benefit of more angles on TV, it's ticky tacky, I agree, but by letter of the law it was called and confirmed correctly. I think regardless if you watch his last steps where he lunged with both feet in the air, then made contact, that doomed him.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fin I know a lot of people get confused between the NFL targeting and roughing and the NCAA targeting and roughing.

Believe it or not the NFL actually has the stricter of the two rules in regards to roughing.

College has the stricter of the two rules for targeting.

I was actually watching the game, and by the letter of rule that was indeed a targeting play. White's hit on Fitz was a bit high and the crown/top of his facemask made contact with Nick's. No matter how you slice it, it's targeting.

Now do I think there should be a targeting 15 without ejection and a targeting 15 with ejection? Tough to say, because again it's college. The rule right now is easy to interpret unlike things like the NFL's new version of roughing. Any contact at all is 15 and an ejection. In general all of the player safety rules in college should be more restrictive than the ones in the NFL. Right now that's not the case with everything but it is with most. College has been calling it like this for a few years now, and I think the conferences have had time to adjust. It was an SEC game with an SEC field and replay crew. They're all well aware what LSU's next game is.

I know it sucks for you guys going into Bama next week to not have White on the field for the first half, but I hope we don't ever get into a situation where the level of the next game effects the calls on the field.
I am in no mood for the voice of reason! :) I know the SEC issued a statement on it yesterday, explaining and upholding the call. Orgeron has seemingly been ok with it. No rant anyway. But I still do not believe that a player should be ejected - plus suspended for an entire half of the next game for something like that particular play. That is why I said I hope the NCAA looks at this rule again for next year. I definitely believe that there should be an option for the ejection part.

Of course, a well rested Devin White, who will be champing at the bit to get on the field by the 3rd quarter might not be such a bad thing. :)

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in no mood for the voice of reason! :) I know the SEC issued a statement on it yesterday, explaining and upholding the call. Orgeron has seemingly been ok with it. No rant anyway. But I still do not believe that a player should be ejected - plus suspended for an entire half of the next game for something like that particular play. That is why I said I hope the NCAA looks at this rule again for next year. I definitely believe that there should be an option for the ejection part.

Of course, a well rested Devin White, who will be champing at the bit to get on the field by the 3rd quarter might not be such a bad thing. :)

I'm just hoping the score is still relevant by the time White gets on the field.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Alabama played a ranked team? I know they are good. But how good

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only Texas A&M, I believe. They are good, no doubt. Battle tested? They haven't been through what LSU has, that's for sure. That may mean nothing though. That's why they play the game. I am just glad it is on a Saturday night in Tiger Stadium. I wish I had tickets.

Bama2018.JPG

LSU2018.JPG

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i swear I close my eyes everytime Franks drops back to pass....

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has Alabama played a ranked team? I know they are good. But how good
Ranked team? I don't even think they've played a good team. How is UF-UGA a top-10 matchup? These teams are both terrible. I, even as someone that went to an SEC school, am pretty sick of SEC bias in the polls.

EDIT: Terrible is a strong word. I don't think either of these teams deserve their rankings. Neither of them are really performing the way you would expect for teams still in the playoff hunt...especially this late in the season.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The big ten is pretty soft except for the east.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranked team? I don't even think they've played a good team. How is UF-UGA a top-10 matchup? These teams are both terrible. I, even as someone that went to an SEC school, am pretty sick of SEC bias in the polls.

EDIT: Terrible is a strong word. I don't think either of these teams deserve their rankings. Neither of them are really performing the way you would expect for teams still in the playoff hunt...especially this late in the season.

It kind of helps that the Big12, Pac12 and ACC are all a disaster this season. Outside of Michigan in the B1G, that entire conference has a bunch of bad losses.

Consider we're looking at possible conference champions of Wash St, Texas, Michigan and Clemson. Outside of Clemson are any of those teams stable and have multiple quality wins?

What I'm saying is, what 1 loss teams that already aren't should be ranked above them?

Last edited:

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Not to mention Kentucky ranked #12! Lol

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It kind of helps that the Big12, Pac12 and ACC are all a disaster this season. Outside of Michigan in the B1G, that entire conference has a bunch of bad losses.

Consider we're looking at possible conference champions of Wash St, Texas, Michigan and Clemson. Outside of Clemson are any of those teams stable and have multiple quality wins?

What I'm saying is, what 1 loss teams that already aren't should be ranked above them?
UCF, USF, probably Houston, maybe Utah State.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems legit.....still bitter about last year's New Year's Six games?
Yeah, a tad bit salty. TBH Auburn was lucky to even keep that game close. Just not a fan of this joke P5 and G5 nonsense.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, a tad bit salty. TBH Auburn was lucky to even keep that game close. Just not a fan of this joke P5 and G5 nonsense.

I'm not a fan of 5 power conferences and 4 playoff spots. Absolutely no reason we shouldn't have an 8 team playoff and be done with it. All 5 conf champs, highest ranked power 5 and 2 at large bids, call it a day.

Florida really isn't a Top 10 team, and won't be by the season's end, but they are a Top 20 team in my eyes. Their defense is that good. I think that double GL stand just showed that.

We'll find out about Bama next weekend, I still think ND might lose to NW, Clemson has played nobody, literally. Teams are dropping bad games all over the country. I honestly have no idea who the best 10 teams in the country are right now.

OP
OP
Amoo

Amoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worth noting is there really a difference between Florida and Michigan right now? Two great defenses, offenses can run the ball, but both QBs are walking interceptions....

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meanwhile, a little FCS action. Cody Orgeron at QB. McNeese St (blue) vs Central Arkansas. I know no one cares, but it is still college football. :)

E370E8C3-FE55-4A71-9523-D1ABED421DD6.jpeg

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meanwhile, a little FCS action. Cody Orgeron at QB. McNeese St (blue) vs Central Arkansas. I know no one cares, but it is still college football. :)

As long as your having a good time

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm all about supporting your team. I'm probably one of 5 people watching UAB @ UTEP on ESPN+ right now. Didn't go there, but I live in town and am all about supporting the local team.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worth noting is there really a difference between Florida and Michigan right now? Two great defenses, offenses can run the ball, but both QBs are walking interceptions....
Haven't watched them lately, but isn't the narrative that Harbaugh finally figured out what to do with Patterson?

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. Had they used him like they are today than we would have beaten nd

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 54 33.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 34 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back