Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four thoughts;

1.) IMHO, and as it has been mentioned by numerous people, separating the threads is not necessary. You're conducting a light study. They are all lights. Keep them together. Additionally, should the lights be separated, some may think Noopsyche was shown some sort of favoritism. I believe if you give Noopsyche their own thread then each BB should also be given their own thread.
2.) Should you decide to separate them, can you not simply change the title of the thread? (I don't know if this is even possible and that's why I ask.)
3.) Have you contacted any of the BB manufacturers, told them of your study and asked them if they'd like to donate lights to be included in the study?
4.) And finally, don't work too hard overnight on Friday because you have to work @dantimdad exceptionally hard on Saturday. (While trying to work him to the point of having hallucinations, do your best to keep him just short of having another stroke!) :D
All the black boxes I had to buy with my own money except Noopsyche who gave me one light and the control lights. I contacted each and everyone of them in China and they basically ignored me, even contacted Ledzeal and after hearing about the study they refused to contact me back. I think it is a language barrier thing.
As for thread separation:
I will do the study on all black boxes I have, and post and compare each light with our baseline we have established.
No thread separation will be needed as we can post numbers on the front page for all to see.

Thanks,
Matt

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the black boxes I had to buy with my own money except Noopsyche who gave me one light and the control lights. I contacted each and everyone of them in China and they basically ignored me, even contacted Ledzeal and after hearing about the study they refused to contact me back. I think it is a language barrier thing.
I will do the study on all black boxes I have, and post and compare each light with our baseline we have established.
No thread separation will be needed as we can post numbers on the front page for all to see.

Thanks,
Matt

Wow! I did not know you contacted the Chinese manufacturers and got nowhere.
If I had the money, I'd split the cost of the BB lights with you. Really, I would. However, right now is not a good financial time for me.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I did not know you contacted the Chinese manufacturers and got nowhere.
If I had the money, I'd split the cost of the BB lights with you. Really, I would. However, right now is not a good financial time for me.
Do not worry as I will be selling them as soon as the study finishes and being basically brand new and tested I should recoup quite a bit spent on them.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not worry as I will be selling them as soon as the study finishes and being basically brand new and tested I should recoup quite a bit spent on them.
You should get more as you have the par numbers to sell with them, so it saves the customer buying a par meter

mshonk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks,
Matt
Some of my prior postions had me contacting vendors and they pay you no mind unless you are asking for quotes on product.

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some of my prior postions had me contacting vendors and they pay you no mind unless you are asking for quotes on product.

This, along with the feedback from @Manose would also be a major consideration for the company I ultimately purchased from........

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This, along with the feedback from @Manose would also be a major consideration for the company I ultimately purchased from........

Agreed.

It always helps to have an endorsement from someone who has experience.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I will have to postpone for two weeks.

Having a car issue that I can't get fixed until tomorrow.

I have PM'd @Manose

Sorry everyone. Safety first!

I have cleared the schedule for the 26th and will be there.

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got them!

127+261+136+197+172+193+292+185+132+195+234+276+221+260+200+229+129
Radion Gen 4 XR15: 202.29

156+138+161+156+187+171+215+184+155+195+231+210+182+194+143+225+144
Hydra 26 HD: 179.24

51+111+52+86+123+92+131+97+62+88+132+121+126+120+51+113+71
Kessil 360X: 95.70

156+232+140+196+200+211+280+227+188+209+220+280+279+244+175+250+172
Noopsyche K7 Pro II: 215.24

Feel free to check my math, I may of missed one.
Your precision is off. Keep the averages rounded to the nearest integer.

This because the initial measurements had 3 significant figures, and it's standard when collecting data to stick to them.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have PM'd @Manose

Well now, that really sucks! Hope you can get it fixed and for cheap!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, me too. I broke two lugs and replaced them last night switching out a blown tire.

But there is a strange vibration. I don't know if it's balanced wrong or the brand new tire is bad.

I can't go over 60 without it shaking. I drive 30 miles to work so the drive in was... interesting. LOL!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, me too. I broke two lugs and replaced them last night switching out a blown tire.

But there is a strange vibration. I don't know if it's balanced wrong or the brand new tire is bad.

I can't go over 60 without it shaking. I drive 30 miles to work so the drive in was... interesting. LOL!

I would suggest you take it up to about 130mph and see if the vibration is there. Feel free to post any pics if you wreck! We like pictures here at R2R! LOL!

wesman42

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's possible that the new tire isn't balanced. That's probably what it is unless the rim blew up when the tire did.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have not read the complete thread yet but it would be nice if the first post was edit with all the data as it is updated.
This would just make it easier than searching through 26 pages.

This is good data and thanks for doing this.

Gino

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have PM'd @Manose

Always safety first my friend. It could be the tire balance. But don't risk your self or yours. Take your time a make it fix. This is just our hobby, we all do this because we love it, not because we have to. It's all good and no rush. If others are making pressures for test results, screw them, like I said this is on your time and because you want to do it, not because you have to.
Have a great weekend and be safe.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always safety first my friend. It could be the tire balance. But don't risk your self or yours. Take your time a make it fix. This is just our hobby, we all do this because we love it, not because we have to. It's all good and no rush. If others are making pressures for test results, screw them, like I said this is on your time and because you want to do it, not because you have to.
Have a great weekend and be safe.
Well said.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back