OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going down tomorrow and will get some measurements done on either the Viparspectra or one of the white box lights or both :)
@dantimdad - dude you take care of you first and foremost as this study will be here for a long while(hopefully). We are lucky that we have a community here that can rally together and get the answers we seek.

Thank you,
Matt

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going down tomorrow and will get some measurements done on either the Viparspectra or one of the white box lights or both :)
@dantimdad - dude you take care of you first and foremost as this study will be here for a long while(hopefully). We are lucky that we have a community here that can rally together and get the answers we seek.

Thank you,
Matt
Thanks @Manose !

I will be there on the 26th

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the par numbers for the Viparspectra. Tested at 8in from surface at both channels 100% so seems a some-kind of diffuser would be ideal for this light.
I wish I could adjust the red/green lights separate from the rest, but for 100$ this light puts out some serious light.
viparspectrapar.jpg

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the par numbers for the Viparspectra. Tested at 8in from surface at both channels 100% so seems a some-kind of diffuser would be ideal for this light.
I wish I could adjust the red/green lights separate from the rest, but for 100$ this light puts out some serious light.
viparspectrapar.jpg
Are these measured at 24" deep if so that is alot of par! I might have to try and tune mine then as my light is 8" above and the tank is only 24x18x18. Thanks for taking your time to do this and all the other lights.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these measured at 24" deep if so that is alot of par! I might have to try and tune mine then as my light is 8" above and the tank is only 24x18x18. Thanks for taking your time to do this and all the other lights.
Water is 23in but actual distance to each frag plug is 21.75

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting Par numbers for the Viparspectra today. It will take awhile to get them posted because we got construction going on here at the shop building the new coral systems.

Thanks,
Matt

Heyyyy.... what took so long! LOL! A funny thing about "a while" is everyone's definition seems to be a little different!

viparspectrapar.jpg

Whoa! Now that's pretty solid par numbers!

CoreyWakefield123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
viparspectrapar.jpg

This totally confirms it for me. This is what I'm going to get for the 85 x 24 x 30 265 gallon I just bought. Those numbers are incredible!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This totally confirms it for me. This is what I'm going to get for the 85 x 24 x 30 265 gallon I just bought. Those numbers are incredible!

Especially at $100!

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, fantastic! Have a vipar sat over my tank, which is only 17.7" cubed = I have some BIG use able par throughout the tank! - chuffed is an understatement.

15474094164697139924773769053065.jpg

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter what light we use, if our tank parameters are crap then nothing will work well.
I like this light except for the ability to control the red/green spectrum separately. This is a winner for anyone going on the cheap like I said before but for "me" I would pay a little more and get something that has separate controls for all spectrum's.
DO NOT GET ME WRONG - this is a heck of a light and would grow coral like weeds just be aware of it's small limitations.
I will do another light on Wednesday as I am not feeling well and need to stay home a couple of days.
Thanks,
Matt

Back