OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this light worth the extra money its $250 or would the viparspectra be as good at$120 it would be for 20 gallon tall tank and only 1 k7 pro would be enough right would like to keep all coral
Either light would keep anything you wanted in a 20gallon but the K7 has more options that you will want down the road.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
is this light worth the extra money its $250 or would the viparspectra be as good at$120 it would be for 20 gallon tall tank and only 1 k7 pro would be enough right would like to keep all coral
for me the color blending and shimmer not being a jitter super fast paced is enough to make me spend a little more for the K7. it gives that more natural shimmer and zero color separation.
Also with the controller you can program the actual ramp up and ramp down settings. not just on and off.
Sure if you have a really tight budget the viparspectra is probably hard to beat but for a little more you get a good bit extra features

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was on my 90L (about 24 US gallons) for the vipar, had it on 30% blue and 5% white - its truly a beast

IMG_20190106_110659.jpg

View attachment 20190114_165315.jpg

ph123uk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say it's a beast is it to much was leaning towards getting one for a 20 tall should I look at something else

Depends, I got this light knowing I would get awesome coverage and minimal shadowing due to the size vs the tank, you can turn it all the way down also, but also gives you space to upgrade the tank in the future - like I have, gone from 45cm cube to 60x45 cube - still amazing coverage:

rescape.jpg

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This study is far from over as we have so many lights to test and more lights to find out about. The test tank has been redone and setup all that needs to happen is for me to get time and go down and start.
Tomorrow i'm taking my father to have major surgery so everything I have going on is put on pause.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This study is far from over as we have so many lights to test and more lights to find out about. The test tank has been redone and setup all that needs to happen is for me to get time and go down and start.
Tomorrow i'm taking my father to have major surgery so everything I have going on is put on pause.

Best wishes for your father tomorrow.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Praying for your father and the surgercial team. Hope all goes well!

Matteo Diaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I am very new to the hobby so which one of the lights was the best as I don't know how to read those.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back