The real Black Box light study

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My question.is... do you know (I did my job for them and got them with a USA distributor) and do you continue to have a relationship with them? And, do you derive benefits from this relationship? Again, I am not questioning the light performace and quality per say. And then ... Why are you so a quick to promote personal issues all of the suudden while in the mean time responding to other threads you had open.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question.is... do you know (I did my job for them and got them with a USA distributor) and do you continue to have a relationship with them? And, do you derive benefits from this relationship? Again, I am not questioning the light performace and quality per say. And then ... Why are you so a quick to promote personal issues all of the suudden while in the mean time responding to other threads you had open.

Jeebus, you sound like prosecutor grilling defendant during a trial. I guess we can ask you same questions, as you dealt with them and got them US distribution. It sound like you didnt get anything out of it, when you expected something in return, and now you are holding a grudge against them. I understand that you are trying to uncover a conspiracy theory, but did you ever think that maybe there isnt one at all? Not sure why you have such a massive axe to grind with this, but it surely would help to know full story from your end, as clearly there is a story you arent telling.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thank everyone for their input on this matter and the best thing for me to do is go lay down, finish watching season 1 on Game of Thrones, before making any type of critical decision on what I will do with this thread.

Let me answer your questions one by one
1.No I do not have a working relationship with Noopsyche anymore.
2.The only benefit I derive now is telling them that the controller they have is very sub par and not be afraid of getting upsetting emails from them.
3. to do this study I have to drive 1.5 hours away just to use the tank I have setup, so it was easy to answer questions about my tank or the other thread I had on Noopsyche which I had closed down after we parted ways.
I hope this answers your questions and many others that people may have as I have adequately explained my relationship with Noopsyche.

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dude - who are you addresing this to? I dont sell anything period.... I just purchase. Again, I am not questioning the qualuity / performance of the light. It just seems like this turned into a promotion for the NOOP LED to me.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Someone overpaid for an ecotech product it sounds like lol

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What people quickly forget is that OP was using his own money to purchase all of the lights. He didnt get a single light donated, even though he tried. As has been said many times, to me at least it looks like he tested noopsyche same way, with same equipment as all other BBs. I am not sure why folks think there was bias, something malicious or any reading between the lines needed. Sure, NP provided lights for study, but all other companies had that that offered to them as well. I am 100% certain that study and numbers shown would have been same if he paid for NP lights in the 1st place and had no dealings with them afterwards. He even tested some other lights that people were really interested in, but only difference is that he didnt have any dealings with them once numbers were posted (he did post links where they can be purchased several times). It just happened that there was more buzz and interest about NP lights, and things unexpectedly took off. Hell, it was me that suggested to noopsyche that they they should look into BB study that was just getting under way, in case they were interested in donating some lights.

As for someone else picking this up and continuing with it, it is easier said than done. I doubt there is a single person out there that would want to spend their own money on something like this, which as mentioned was precisely what manose did.
Thanks for this. I appreciate your input. I couldn't agree more.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manose you do not have to explain yourself any more than you already have. This was a study in a hobby forum you took on out of interest and offered it to help others. Users can make their own determination on the validity and are free to recreate the test themselves. In my opinion you and others have done valuable work at great expense of time and money.

Last edited:

JimFuller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Manose I have refrained from commenting to this point. In my opinion, you have provided some interesting information. I thank you for it and the work you did.

If you decide to continue, I will use the information gladly. I do not have the ability nor desire to do a project like this.

However, if you decide not to continue. I will, also, support you. I think we should do what we enjoy.

Either way, I will stick with the saying " Happy Reefing ".

Jim

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How mant NOOPs does the OP or his (friend??? ) run now and what did they pay for the lot of them? maybe the NOOP people got shammed lol...
I noticed in passing these pages you have 407 posts and only 76 likes....there is this book called how to win friends and influence people...you should pick up copy and read it. Have a great day!;Blackeye

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed in passing these pages you have 407 posts and only 76 likes....there is this book called how to win friends and influence people...you should pick up copy and read it. Have a great day!;Blackeye

There is a reason you are one of my favorite people on here. This is it.

Ernie C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what you can and report your findings. If someone doesn’t agree or like the thread they can unsubscribe. I would just address posts that merit a response and continue to positively contribute to the study.

phil bevilacqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Some people are board with all this trolling...

Side note. Can anyone tell me if the sb reef lights were looked at? I went through several pages and didn’t see them. Thanks for the study!

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people come here and should expect one thing, and that is numbers and data on different lights.
So lets do this and do it correctly!
After considering all the options I think the best way to proceed would be getting another person involved to help.
I want to have @dantimdad help get this study back where it should be by looking at various lights all over the world and study them for quality,par,spectrum and overall performance.
@dantimdad could do a light one week and post his results here and I do one the next. Then we can take that data and put it on the front page with links.
I have 2 lights that I really want to test first and foremost:
The spectra- I found it here=https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-Design-Timer-Dimmer-Moonlight-Marine_60856191285.html
I have had these up and running once but no data yet
spectra1.jpg
spectra2.jpg
spectra3.jpg
spectra5.jpg
spectra6.jpg

Next is the Pixie 150=I have had this light for awhile and it needs a full test and review
I bought this light here for 239ea. plus shipping=https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/LuminiAqua-Hot-selling-150W-led-aquarium_60489185694.html
pixie150.jpg
pixie150A.jpg
pixie150b.jpg
pixie150c.jpg
pixie150d.jpg
pixie150e.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back