The Restart

ruthlesshatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After about 5 years of not having a tank, I have decided to start again. Unfortunately over the last month due to weather changes and power outages, I lost a lot of my livestock, but it will not discourage me. currently have a 35 gallon and a 75 gallon tank going, lost a big chunk of my zoanthids but still have a bit going.

My 75 gallon has a good amount of algae growth, which hopefully my CUC will clear up soon. Actually lost my Raccoon Butterfly this evening. will wait for this tank to be up and running a few months before adding any more coral and to make sure the power outages have ended. Eventually will make this a reef community tank. Tank is currently in my room, and will be my show tank.
IMG_0133.JPG

My 35G has someone stayed good with the power outages. Only thing in it right now is a few hermit crabs and a few snails also has housed my live rock for the last few months hence why there is so much in this tank. Most likely going to do Softies, just haven't fully decided. This tank is in my living room currently.
IMG_0135.JPG

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Nice tanks, thanks for sharing! :)

Sorry for the losses

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and back to the hobby.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @ruthlesshatter !* I am sorry for your losses.Hopefully things will settle down in your area.This forum has a lot of post regarding power outages.If you search the key words you may find some helpful reading.The aquariums look nice,plenty of rock work.Best of luck!

1460835455974.jpg

OP
OP
ruthlesshatter

ruthlesshatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update which I'll post pictures when i get home tomorrow from work, but I lost a pretty big frag of zoanthids but, it has a few still on it so we will see if it regrows itself, my other zoanthid is still growing strong along with my new frag of Arctic Ice Palythoa Coral is going strong hopefully will see a little growth in it over the next couple months.

Back