The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t think there would be any issues due to it being so soon after establishment of the Orange back. I’d expect aggression if it was a few months but a few weeks should be alright.
Thank you very much.

Arego

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I zip tied up a crappy egg crate box I release new candidates in that has quite a bit of room,maybe 15g? To see how they interact over a few days to a week. I've had some combos go balls out moving the whole box around when he swam up hard trying to kill one of the paddle fins and a canary..

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C0D246B2-AA45-4B64-89CC-8BD95A0A1DCA.jpg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad

Candy cane wrasse reefsafe?
Hogfish are not reefsafe. They don’t go after coral but you can be assured that Sheimp and some small, slow moving fish will be on the menu. They’re worth it if you don’t have any of the above though!

Not my photo but if you want this guy in your reef and don’t mind a few shrimp/inverts on the menu then go for it!
16CFFB6D-956F-4B26-86E3-B81A59D627D6.jpeg

they can get to 1 foot in some cases although I find it takes a few years before it hits that size.

Last edited:

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad

Candy cane wrasse reefsafe?
Hologymnus doliatus get about a foot long, completely change color and shape. End up looking similar to an adult red coris wrasse, with pretty much the same behavior. Motile inverts and small fish will be eaten.

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought and added a Moyers and regular leopard wrasse on Tuesday they went straight for the sand and have yet to see them. Is it time to worry??

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought and added a Moyers and regular leopard wrasse on Tuesday they went straight for the sand and have yet to see them. Is it time to worry??
Thus is pretty normal for leopards. Give them some time. Check early morning/late night as their bio clocks may not have reset yet

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a leopard, the only time you worry is if aggression is in the tank. These fish can vanish for months and then appear as if nothing happened. I have also found, when a leopard has vanished for 4-6 weeks, they act like they’ve been getting fed.

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no... The addiction is too strong. My LFS got a social wrasse in this Thursday. If they still have it I'll be picking it up later today. Wanted to add a yellowfin fairy (or a marjorie if they weren't so expensive) at the same time as the social. Oh well, acclimation boxes exist!!

I'm also 99% sure I'm gonna try a black leopard again soon. I've been wrasse-less for 2 months now and it's just so boring.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's out this afternoon, first time I see her in almost a week. She's still very shy and skittish but glad to see she's out of the sand at least.
20220213_145213.jpg
Beautiful meleagris you have! I’m still tossing between two fish (One being the gold nugget wrasse - Similar to the leopards).

Back