Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias will occupy upper to mid column

DA11D661-6B53-4502-A730-9C97A821918F.jpeg
I actually tried a trio of Evansi, but they were too passive/shy and skittish and my yellow tang stressed them to death.
:(

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had really good luck getting picky wrasses to eat frozen fish eggs. The kind in the blister packs sold at petco. You could also try fresh clams.
Used to love Nutramar Ova, but that is nearly impossible to find. Not sure if it's been discontinued, or just seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Still have a small flat pack in my freezer, I save it for finicky eaters, but seeing as the tamarin is eating pellets, I'm not worried about it quite yet. Certainly has not lost any weight, and actually seems to be getting "thicker".

While I do not go to petco too often(I do buy my PE calanus there as they always have it in stock), I don't think I have ever seen frozen fish eggs in mine.

Do you happen to have a brand name? I'm all for trying new foods, and if it's as good as Nutramar Ova, I'm all in.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used to love Nutramar Ova, but that is nearly impossible to find. Not sure if it's been discontinued, or just seems to be out of stock everywhere.

Still have a small flat pack in my freezer, I save it for finicky eaters, but seeing as the tamarin is eating pellets, I'm not worried about it quite yet. Certainly has not lost any weight, and actually seems to be getting "thicker".

While I do not go to petco too often(I do buy my PE calanus there as they always have it in stock), I don't think I have ever seen frozen fish eggs in mine.

Do you happen to have a brand name? I'm all for trying new foods, and if it's as good as Nutramar Ova, I'm all in.
I’ll check what they are when I get home today.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

San Francisco Bay brand fish eggs

Attachments

• D4882707-94EF-4B3E-B97A-3E0B24761698.png
    D4882707-94EF-4B3E-B97A-3E0B24761698.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 18

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’ve been a bit MIA recently as I’ve been up north with family. However, today I got sent this!
Look how much colour he’s gaining and how brave he is now :)
177F0509-E568-4AED-B11C-4701CEEE9372.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had great luck with the Reef Nutrition ROE. Everything in the tank eats them, and it’s worked well with finicky wrasses.

I got a new pink streaked that needs a little TLC, and the eggs got her eating in less than 24 hours.

98BF77F1-5E2A-4E6E-850D-05334535FB1B.gif
How is your male getting along with your new female?

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your male getting along with your new female?

They’ve been getting along great! It’s really cool seeing the two interact with one another. I must admit, I don’t entirely know that my larger one is male and the little one is female. I figured there’d be a decent chance of success given the size difference with the new addition.

I really enjoy seeing them hang out together. Funny enough, the only living thing my clownfish aren’t violent towards is my original pink streaked, and they also allow the little one to hang out in their “lair” too.

7640C09B-7135-40DE-8D76-DB62AD282A84.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve been getting along great! It’s really cool seeing the two interact with one another. I must admit, I don’t entirely know that my larger one is male and the little one is female. I figured there’d be a decent chance of success given the size difference with the new addition.

I really enjoy seeing them hang out together. Funny enough, the only living thing my clownfish aren’t violent towards is my original pink streaked, and they also allow the little one to hang out in their “lair” too.

7640C09B-7135-40DE-8D76-DB62AD282A84.jpeg
Your larger specimen is a male with the smaller being female. The larger specimen seems to have a deep blue/grey patch just under the eye. It also has a beautiful bold yellow striping.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your larger specimen is a male with the smaller being female. The larger specimen seems to have a deep blue/grey patch just under the eye. It also has a beautiful bold yellow striping.

I appreciate the info! I had been thinking the same thing, at least about the color on my larger pink. He always had really bold colors, even before adding the second last week.

Really wanted to get him a girlfriend, and this makes me happy that I might’ve gotten it right.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long should I wait to be worried about my halichoeres biocellatus not eating? It will be a week tomorrow since I got him and still hasn’t ate anything yet. I’ll be adding a bottle of copepods next week and hopefully he will eat those, it’s out and swimming just not eating. I know sometimes they take quite a while to get comfortable enough to eat when being shipped
In my experience this is not normal. If it hasn't eaten at all in 6 days it's not because of shipping stress, it likely has internal parasites or is being harassed by a tankmate. Can you post a pic of your biocellatus?

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Back