Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not that hard, I've done it.
Im Serious GIF by YoungerTV
I flew with a gal to Addis Abba. She is 5'6 and flexible and when she wanted to sleep she just curled up in her chair and slept on her knee. When my 6'2 inflexible butt tried to fall asleep I tried to balance my head on my arm on the tray table which would of course fall over the second I fell asleep waking me. She just laughed at me.....

Last edited:

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jealousy GIF

I love traveling I just hate the actual traveling part.....
I love it, I just never get to do it.
Being poor = fish & coral, not travel.
This past year was the first time I've flown in 15 years.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not sure who is the expert but maybe @i cant think ? Will a Harlequin Tuskfish, Broomtail Wrasse, and a Sunset (also called lime green, banana) wrasse be ok in the same tank. Sunset Ben there for 2 years, harlequin and broomtail QT since October.
Thanks.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure who is the expert but maybe @i cant think ? Will a Harlequin Tuskfish, Broomtail Wrasse, and a Sunset (also called lime green, banana) wrasse be ok in the same tank. Sunset Ben there for 2 years, harlequin and broomtail QT since October.
Thanks.
Whats the size tank?

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
160 gallon RedSea XXL750
I think it’s a little small for a BroomTail. They get pretty mean as well. IMO a 250+ gallon 8 footer would be my go to for a BroomTail but again just my opinion. That’s a 6 footer right? I think the Harlequin Tusk will work. As for the Thalassoma lutescens it might work mid term but he will need an upgrade. They are super fast active and can get a little too active for other more docile fish. These are also a risk with coral unlike the Harlequin.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I flew with a gal to Addis Abba. She is 5'6 and flexible and when she wanted to sleep she just curled up in her chair and slept on her knee. When my 6'2 inflexible butt tried to fall asleep I tried to balance my head on my arm on the tray table which would of course fall over the second I fell asleep waking me. She just laughed at me.....
When I was heading to Colombia for the trip, I was assigned a seat….the middle seat which I hate lol. Thankfully no one sat on the aisle seat but a 17 year old girl sat on the window side, she was small I think she was like @OrchidMiss ‘s height and she had fallen asleep with her leg half stretched out on the window :)face-with-monocle: how!?) no idea how and with her back to me and I swear if she moved an inch she would fall on me. I was falling asleep myself and what I normally do on planes is let my head hang a bit but worried she would bonk my head I had to put my head on the head rest like a normal person right? Well this airline is not your typical airline it seems, so I made sure my back was straight and put my head back……………there was nothing there:oops::rolleyes: my 6 foot height meant my head was too far above the head rest :confused:. What kind of airline was this anyway!? Ended up falling asleep and when I woke up I found her head on my shoulders and my head above her head (kinda like the scene in the Greatest Showman where Rebecca Ferguson and Hugh Jackman fell asleep together) :oops: I really hope she hadn’t noticed and thankfully I woke up before she did……and I‘m never flying on that airline again :face-with-tears-of-joy:

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think it’s a little small for a BroomTail. They get pretty mean as well. IMO a 250+ gallon 8 footer would be my go to for a BroomTail but again just my opinion. That’s a 6 footer right? I think the Harlequin Tusk will work. As for the Thalassoma lutescens it might work mid term but he will need an upgrade. They are super fast active and can get a little too active for other more docile fish. These are also a risk with coral unlike the Harlequin.
All smaller at this time. Have a 3XL900 but moved fish from the 750 so don’t want to add more now. Plans to add a 300g plus tank in next year or two

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
I agree with @Petcrazyson in your tank being on the small side for a Broomtail. They should all be fine in the same tank considering they’re all rather tempered species.
Your banana being in there for 2 years will be a risk when introducing the new two as they are going to be nasty especially to juveniles (Which I assume your new two wrasses are juveniles). So I would remain cautious with that.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
The sunset is not going to be happy with the new additions. Do you have an acclimation box?

Tusks and broomtails typically do not get along so these two being together likely won't work out long term. The tusk and sunset should be fine together once the sunset gets over having new guys in his territory.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not freaking happy right now!!!

My mother in law has a broken leg. I get home to find my negrosensis on the floor dried up. They seem to find the less then 1 inch gap at the back of the screen top where my wires enter the tank. Must have had some gusto, as it cleared the 4 foot counter that sits behind the tank.

I'm guessing the power blinked as my tv was off, and clock on the stove was blinking. The black leopard always freaks out hitting the lid when the lights go out for no reason.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I agree with @Petcrazyson in your tank being on the small side for a Broomtail. They should all be fine in the same tank considering they’re all rather tempered species.
Your banana being in there for 2 years will be a risk when introducing the new two as they are going to be nasty especially to juveniles (Which I assume your new two wrasses are juveniles). So I would remain cautious with that.
The two new ones are not babies but all are around 6”. Banana has been pretty bossy so far. I shut down the lights because he was tormenting them. Pretty sure the broomtail has found a slot to slide under. The harlequin was out and about seeming pretty calm so I turned the lights on and Hank (the banana and the namesake of my user name) went after him right away. So I shut the lights down again and the harlequin is moving around.
The banana is displaying different colors right now, or lights out shows different as he is showing a lighter band behind the head from top to bottom. I’ve seen it in pictures but never in Hank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two new ones are not babies but all are around 6”. Banana has been pretty bossy so far. I shut down the lights because he was tormenting them. Pretty sure the broomtail has found a slot to slide under. The harlequin was out and about seeming pretty calm so I turned the lights on and Hank (the banana and the namesake of my user name) went after him right away. So I shut the lights down again and the harlequin is moving around.
The banana is displaying different colors right now, or lights out shows different as he is showing a lighter band behind the head from top to bottom. I’ve seen it in pictures but never in Hank.
I’ve found the band is often an aggression sign when kept alone (It’s similar to Flasher Wrasses flashing IME, when in groups it’s done to court whilst when done towards other males it’s aggression/territory).

Back