There's something fishy about this build...

Got 5 Mexican turbos
20 small hermits
6 emerald crabs
All but one crab went into this tank. The last crab went into my eel tank sump which has an insane amount of bubble algae.

Emerald crabs started eating as soon as they landed on algae! The big one even started eating before righting itself. Justgobbled algae down upside down.

Sorry didn't have time to find the orange filter
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JDyEBiTYk227joaE6
 
Where did you get them from?
From the LFS. Managed to resist getting an angelfish. Did get some fish for the fresh tank
IMG_2437.jpeg
 
Finally replaced my broken heater with the exact same model. Despite it being expensive and the last one breaking after not much time. Addimitedly it probably broke when I accidentally pulled the heat probe out and it went on overdrive all night. Looks pretty burned to me
image.jpg


Also any thoughts on very turbulent flow?
IMG_2436.jpeg
 
Finally replaced my broken heater with the exact same model. Despite it being expensive and the last one breaking after not much time. Addimitedly it probably broke when I accidentally pulled the heat probe out and it went on overdrive all night. Looks pretty burned to me
image.jpg


Also any thoughts on very turbulent flow?
IMG_2436.jpeg
yep ,as much as you can without getting splashing or spray IMO... :)
 
Only asking because the main powerhead and return pump are now pointing at each other and its more turbulent. Had a nice regular wave before but cleaned the powerhead yesterday and couldn't remember the orientation.

Can't have too much flow or the discoball may turn into a wrecking ball!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TUAapznQjkVvdA9Z6
 
Shout out to the corals that refuse to die. I'll point out this thing was full RTN and only a couple small pieces were alive <6 months ago. Just a shame its orange.
IMG_2443.jpeg

 
What's wrong with orange?
In itself, nothing. Its what it is associated with; 😂 jokes, towelettes I'm not allowed to use, and the natural rival of the wrasse police, tang police.
He didn't mean that...
Insult @Fish Styx? Yes I did. Its my favorite thing to do. Its why he's one of my favorites. He takes it like a champ!
 
It's nice to see things are getting better and coming back.
Yep
Thanks to @Reefering1, and others of course, but the floss truck worked wonders. Just wish I'd done it earlier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new