Thinking about getting a IM 40 Fusion Pro, is this a good one for a AIO Value wise?

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently got a nanocube that's like ages old, and my bro got me itching for something new now. Been looking at what's around me at my LFS, and this one I've seen float around in builds. Is the value good for this?

I like that it comes with a return pump, mesh screen and a media rack. Feels like the extra stuff offsets the price a bit at $499.

doh_nutz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Kpoj9's post. They're great value tanks and immediately upgrading the return pump that's including is not a priority or necessary. I have the 50gal AIO and I see no issues with their included media baskets.

Either way, you'll be happy with the value of the whole package.

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 IM tanks that I have are great AIO tanks with ultra clear glass and clean silicone.

The stock return pumps that are included with many AIO are either low flow or noisy or in the case with my former WB20, both low flow and extremely noisy.

The IM mightyjet desktop return pump included in the pro kit is something you’d probably end up buying down the road if not something similar. The mightjet is a pretty good adjustable DC pump from my experience. The feed mode button is also nice to have. I had a mightyjet running in a tank for several years without any problems.

The media rack is nice to have. I have the included media rack on one side and a DIY filter floss holder on the other side. The screen top is not flimsy and looks nice, but the edge pieces are pretty thick and blocks some of the light. But, it’s well made and looks good and therefore I haven’t replaced it yet.

Great tanks in my experience.

OP
OP
Taiyaki.Visuals

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 IM tanks that I have are great AIO tanks with ultra clear glass and clean silicone.

The stock return pumps that are included with many AIO are either low flow or noisy or in the case with my former WB20, both low flow and extremely noisy.

The IM mightyjet desktop return pump included in the pro kit is something you’d probably end up buying down the road if not something similar. The mightjet is a pretty good adjustable DC pump from my experience. The feed mode button is also nice to have. I had a mightyjet running in a tank for several years without any problems.

The media rack is nice to have. I have the included media rack on one side and a DIY filter floss holder on the other side. The screen top is not flimsy and looks nice, but the edge pieces are pretty thick and blocks some of the light. But, it’s well made and looks good and therefore I haven’t replaced it yet.

Great tanks in my experience.
Thanks for the insights, I am also planning to grab the stand. My bro said it's mad out of aluminum or something?

OP
OP
Taiyaki.Visuals

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GET IT:) IM makes great aquariums w/ lots of room in the sump area. Their APS stands are very well made too. Keep in mind a lot of folks will upgrade the pump and baskets which IMO isn’t necessary.
I agree with Kpoj9's post. They're great value tanks and immediately upgrading the return pump that's including is not a priority or necessary. I have the 50gal AIO and I see no issues with their included media baskets.

Either way, you'll be happy with the value of the whole package.
Gonna go for it, been sitting on this biocubes for 5 years and I've seen a lot of nice ones. Was tempted to get a wb 30.2 but those don't exist and the newer one cost way more than this Im. Now I just need to wait for aquamaxx to restock on the hobs.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently got a nanocube that's like ages old, and my bro got me itching for something new now. Been looking at what's around me at my LFS, and this one I've seen float around in builds. Is the value good for this?

I like that it comes with a return pump, mesh screen and a media rack. Feels like the extra stuff offsets the price a bit at $499.
Imo, it is great value. The beauty of the NuvoAquariums is not only how the back is designed, but the quality of the build itself. Top-notch, imo. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them, and still do now.

The APS stands I am not a fan of.

But the tanks. Yeah, they are great.

There are a lot of Fusion 40 builds floating around in this forum, check them out and/or ask their owners for info and stuff to see if you'd like them.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo, it is great value. The beauty of the NuvoAquariums is not only how the back is designed, but the quality of the build itself. Top-notch, imo. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them, and still do now.

The APS stands I am not a fan of.

But the tanks. Yeah, they are great.

There are a lot of Fusion 40 builds floating around in this forum, check them out and/or ask their owners for info and stuff to see if you'd like them.
Still new to corals so they are all easy ones haha

A374121E-5ED4-4F9C-AFCB-24EDEBEE787D.jpeg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the IM 20-gallon with the stand to dabble with some softies. The Mighty Jet pump ran-a-muck almost right away (stuck on “12”), but I bet if I called the company they would throw me a new one. Anyway, I agree with all the positive (+) comments about it; I’m happy. I can’t address the ATO comment, because at only 20-gallons I just pour in a little RO/DI every once in a while.

Hint: Get the feeding port (“Neat” brand— I think through BRS) to add to the screen top. Works great!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Medium to high apparently, though they can tolerate low. I am also just learning about them now, and that was how I got to look at so many monti cap photos and fell in love. XD
This is my tank now, my girlfriend got a free yellow tang which is huge so I’m just holding it until she finishes cycling her tank

Attachments

• 699A6F9A-0458-453D-B5DB-EAF1B15D56D8.jpeg
    699A6F9A-0458-453D-B5DB-EAF1B15D56D8.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 32

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back