Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look into them too thanks!
Appears they are all out atm.
Don't believe the website stock indicator. Call or email Philip. They rarely dive out More than is needed. They are constantly diving to fill existing orders and have quick turn around.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of placing a large order with Tampa Bay saltwater as we speak. May involve a rescape depending on how much I end up with.

I went KP rock and an very happy with the rock.

When I move and go to reset the cade, I'm gonna hit up TB - makes more sense for me than KP since I'm right here and wouldn't have to deal with shipping.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm getting a little uncomfortable... Too much negative talk about TB...

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't want to jinx anything but I think I am winning this battle so far. Once I started dosing Po I saw an almost immediate effect. Mainly a decrease in the nasty stuff hanging on the sand overnight. Its almost clean now after lights are out for a bit. I have some spots in the back of the rock work that I am going to need help with siphoning off but overall super happy. Corals are doing WAY better as well and I have noticed quite a bit of Aptasia and bubble algea forming. The macro that survived in the sump is coming back very slowly as well. Went out to the LFS and got a bottle of pods which a local reefer cultivates and sells to the shop, super dense. Grabbed a bottle of Reef Nutrition Live Phyto while I was there too. Got another bottle of MB7 from Amazon today, tomorrow should be AF Life source, and Friday should be a second PO test kit, red sea this time. Either my PO was in the basement (very likely) or the Salifert tests are just impossible to read.
Tried again to hook up the Kamoer AWC but even after getting a new router still having issues. I figure i will play more with it this weekend.
So all in all a positive week so far and its only Tuesday. Things are bound to get worse there is plenty of time.
Here are some pictures of Pu I got while dealing with the Aptasia. I forgot how pretty she was in the white lights.
20221213_184837.jpg

20221213_184619.jpg
20221213_184824.jpg

Last edited:

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really don't want to jinx anything but I think I am winning this battle so far. Once I started dosing Po I saw an almost immediate effect. Mainly a decrease in the nasty stuff hanging on the sand overnight. Its almost clean now after lights are out for a bit. I have some spots in the back of the rock work that I am going to need help with siphoning off but overall super happy. Corals are doing WAY better as well and I have noticed quite a bit of Aptasia and bubble algea forming. The macro that survived in the sump is coming back very slowly as well. Went out to the LFS and got a bottle of pods which a local reefer cultivates and sells to the shop, super dense. Grabbed a bottle of Reef Nutrition Live Phyto while I was there too. Got another bottle of MB7 from Amazon today, tomorrow should be AF Life source, and Friday should be a second PO test kit, red sea this time. Either my PO was in the basement (very likely) or the Salifert tests are just impossible to read.
Tried again to hook up the Kamoer AWC but even after getting a new router still having issues. I figure i will play more with it this weekend.
So all in all a positive week so far and its only Tuesday. Things are bound to get worse there is plenty of time.
Here are some pictures of Pu I got while dealing with the Aptasia. I forgot how pretty she was in the white lights.
20221213_184837.jpg

20221213_184619.jpg
20221213_184824.jpg
When my phosphates started just being detectable on Salifert my algae really started disappearing. It's barely detectable but a hint is almost noticeable in daylight outside (no artificial light).

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my phosphates started just being detectable on Salifert my algae really started disappearing. It's barely detectable but a hint is almost noticeable in daylight outside (no artificial light).
It's winter in northeast Ohio. We don't get daylight until March.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah... Ive only see the sun twice and only for a few minutes in last two weeks. I'd say it was starting to get to me but I'm well past that point.

Going Crazy Barbara Dunkelman GIF by Rooster Teeth
Exactly the reason we go to the Caribbean at the end of January every year. Otherwise things do not go well.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading stuff like this always blows my mind. I can't imagine not having the sun beat down on me at least 5 out of 7 days a week.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading stuff like this always blows my mind. I can't imagine not having the sun beat down on me at least 5 out of 7 days a week.
The goal is one day we will end up in a place that is 6 out of 7 days sunshine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back