OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
google says Cleveland is 41.497 degrees north. Laramie is 41.312, so south and has more sun during the day. 300+ sunny days a year in fact. And it's regularly on the top 10 places to retire.
If it were only my decision yes that would be an option. May still be who knows but I have at least 10 more likely 15 before we look so yeah things could change.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the spirit of transparency, Laramie is not a place I would move back to. I'm happy to have grown up there, but winter from September to April sucks. Then it's mosquito season and that might be worse. It's rarely over 80 though, so that's nice.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
google says Cleveland is 41.497 degrees north. Laramie is 41.312, so south and has more sun during the day. 300+ sunny days a year in fact. And it's regularly on the top 10 places to retire.
South of Florida...

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay out of Phoenix. Shoot for west of Phoenix. Not too far west though.
I've already been there, done that. I lived in Phoenix for school. This is when the 202 didn't exist, the stadium in Glendale was being built, and buckeye was still an empty 20 miles of desert away from Avondale.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm whining about 30°

I'm not built for winters north of say.. Phoenix..
Sameeeee

I whine about Tampa winters and they only last a collective 10 days, spread over like 3 months

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading stuff like this always blows my mind. I can't imagine not having the sun beat down on me at least 5 out of 7 days a week.
The only way to imagine it is PURLEY AWFUL. I've been here since 2008 and I WILL NEVER GET USED TO IT. I also don't remember a December being this dark. Normally this is what you would expect in February. The hope of Spring right around helps me pull through with that scenario. This being only December, has me straight up ready to snap. If it weren't for circumstances with the kiddos, I would have thrown this state deuces a long time ago.
I have met some cool people living here, so I guess there is a silver lining in even the dreariest circumstance. ;)

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only way to imagine it is PURLEY AWFUL. I've been here since 2008 and I WILL NEVER GET USED TO IT. I also don't remember a December being this dark. Normally this is what you would expect in February. The hope of Spring right around helps me pull through with that scenario. This being only December, has me straight up ready to snap. If it weren't for circumstances with the kiddos, I would have thrown this state deuces a long time ago.
I have met some cool people living here, so I guess there is a silver lining in even the dreariest circumstance. ;)
That sounds like how I feel about Baltimore. Crime and sadness. That's what is here. And I moved before the pandemic so outside work I have met no one.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
broke that record few years back in the NW burbs of Chicago ,actual -30 degrees
at that point the wind chill didn't even matter...:rolleyes:
never again..."knocks on wood twice"

Back