OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I may be in the minority here in the hobby, old chick with a very wide independent streak and very limited assistance other then heavy lifting. I enjoy this hobby very much. The thing that I am most PROUD of though I how much I have actually learned over the last 3 years or so. This hobby isn't about fish and corals, as far as I am concerned, they are just gravy. The knowledge that is the basis and foundation. And I am not talking book knowledge so much as the hands on part of it. The plumbing, electrical, carpentry, chemistry, etc etc. That knowledge is what I am most proud of. Everyone here is a teacher to another person in some way shape or form and I think we ALL should be proud of the knowledge we have gained that we are able to share with others.
On a less sappy note.... I have measurable po but still high ni. Baby steps. Oh and finally got the Kamoer awc to connect to my wifi. So yeah I am pretty happy with my bad self this morning. Happy Friyay bztches.
Screenshot_20221216-063337.jpg

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shout out to my Secret Santa as well. Thank you so very much for my goodies. I will think of you everytime I dive now! Holding off on the test until I get thus dino thing under control as well.
20221215_161911.jpg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Shout out to my Secret Santa as well. Thank you so very much for my goodies. I will think of you everytime I dive now! Holding off on the test until I get thus dino thing under control as well.
20221215_161911.jpg
Now you have to go in like @OrchidMiss and change your description to Certified Mermaid!

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you have to go in like @OrchidMiss and change your description to Certified Mermaid!
Once I have logged 100 dives I for sure will. Have a couple trips in 2023 so plan is to hit 100 in Fiji in September. At 71 currently. Yolo

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Once I have logged 100 dives I for sure will. Have a couple trips in 2023 so plan is to hit 100 in Fiji in September. At 71 currently. Yolo
Take me with you!!!!!

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting a little uncomfortable... Too much negative talk about TB...
What are you hearing? Nothing is perfect, but my experience with TBS was very good. Over the past month I have gotten 150lbs live sand, 300 lbs live rock (1/2 base, 1/2 premium), and a clean up crew, in two shipments a week apart. Got some pests, mostly gorilla crabs, but the bio diversity is amazing. My tank was cloudy for about 4 days after the second shipment which was the larger one. I assume it was due to some bacterial growth, but it cleared up no issues, and now I am a month in, just added a couple hammers. Have fish on the way from Dr. Reef. Communication from TBS was awesome. I did try to get a hold of KP aquatics, but every e-mail was 4-5 days apart. At that rate, not sure when I would have gotten the rock....even it is superior in some way.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What are you hearing? Nothing is perfect, but my experience with TBS was very good. Over the past month I have gotten 150lbs live sand, 300 lbs live rock (1/2 base, 1/2 premium), and a clean up crew, in two shipments a week apart. Got some pests, mostly gorilla crabs, but the bio diversity is amazing. My tank was cloudy for about 4 days after the second shipment which was the larger one. I assume it was due to some bacterial growth, but it cleared up no issues, and now I am a month in, just added a couple hammers. Have fish on the way from Dr. Reef. Communication from TBS was awesome. I did try to get a hold of KP aquatics, but every e-mail was 4-5 days apart. At that rate, not sure when I would have gotten the rock....even it is superior in some way.
TB is my initials. I was being silly.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At lunch today I tested and ran ol' Blue (the generator) and the tiny joke of a snow blower I have. Planning on staying home and sleeping in again on Sunday. Me and the holidays aren't really on speaking terms at the moment. Plus the weather is supposed to be "terrible". I work Job 2 on Saturday so planning on grabbing a pizza and ice cream to celebrate the weekend. For all of you pro holiday folks I do wish you merriment and good tidings for Christmas and the new year. Funny thing my 2023 is already starting off on a fabulous note.
20221220_132057.jpg

At least it pays better then crummy old county court.
Tank is doing its thing still battling Dinos think I may be winning but it looks like a really hot mess.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
At lunch today I tested and ran ol' Blue (the generator) and the tiny joke of a snow blower I have. Planning on staying home and sleeping in again on Sunday. Me and the holidays aren't really on speaking terms at the moment. Plus the weather is supposed to be "terrible". I work Job 2 on Saturday so planning on grabbing a pizza and ice cream to celebrate the weekend. For all of you pro holiday folks I do wish you merriment and good tidings for Christmas and the new year. Funny thing my 2023 is already starting off on a fabulous note.
20221220_132057.jpg

Tank is doing its thing still battling Dinos think I may be winning but it looks like a really hot mess.
I love jury duty! Ask if I can be your fill-in?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20221220_132057.jpg

Ouch. Showing up in a tank top with tattoos everywhere and metal in your face is a quick way to be released. Food for thought.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just let them you already have a bias in the case. Easy peasy.
I was picked for a case where a family was suing a company because their dad committed suicide in their canal. I knew the supervisor of the crew that the dad was subcontracted with and they still kept me on the case.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch. Showing up in a tank top with tattoos everywhere and metal in your face is a quick way to be released. Food for thought.
I thought being a paralegal would be a get out of duty free card but no dice. Served as an alternate in county court earlier this year. It was very depressing to see what my tax dollars were being used for.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can vouch for this
Yeah but a tank top in January in ne Ohio is way worse then jury duty. At least federal it's more likely to be a white collar crime.
Good news I get to ride public transit again. Yippee!

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got a call from "Potential Spam" claiming to be from the Sheriff's department trying to get a hold of my wife because she missed Federal Jury Duty and he needed to do a disposition but since I refused to give her number to him he was going to "have to do a hard disconnect " and hung up on me.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 157 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 32 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back