Third time better be the charm

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water in the sump on my 90 used to splash up if my socks weren't clean enough and pool over the lip and create puddles. It was an eshopps sump that had this big flat part on it - so for awhile it would be fine, then it would hit max capacity on the top and flow down the side to the ground. Hated that thing

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Splash guard done. Piece of mind if anything. All the tanks have a camera on them so he can watch them while we are gone. All the lights in the house and outside are rigged up with timers. I don't live in a bad part of town but I don't leave the doors unlocked either. Good thing is that the most expensive thing in the house is the tank, and nobody wants a tiny tv.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still watching the sump like a hawk. Small bit of salt creep that I am attributing to the water that got in between the seem. Lots of chores today and then fly out first thing tomorrow.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still watching the sump like a hawk. Small bit of salt creep that I am attributing to the water that got in between the seem. Lots of chores today and then fly out first thing tomorrow.
I hope there is no issues with the sump, or the rest of the tanks for that matter, while you’re gone. And enjoy your much needed vacation!!

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230415_115953.jpg
so I took this as a sign.
Everything went really well except for the ferry ride from mainland Honduras to Guanaja. That was not fun. At. All. Man got sea sick along with half the ferry. Love this place already and it's not even light out. Food is amazing. Breakfast at 7 then first dive heads out at 8.
More pix tomorrow.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and sump are good. Ato had a day or 2 left. Still had some salt creep coming up from the bottom bracing on the sump. Hoping it's just residual water drying out but going to look at replacement options. Possibly a 60g breeder? Diving was fantastic. Super excited for September trip. Plans for today are groceries, testing and making water for changes on Wed. Work tomorrow boohoo.
IMG-20230421-WA0043.jpg

Cool thing I got to see. Sue Hendrickson's home. I didn't get a pix it was nested into the jungle near Black Rock. Here is what's cool about her.

Last edited:

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and sump are good. Ato had a day or 2 left. Still had some salt creep coming up from the bottom bracing on the sump. Hoping it's just residual water drying out but going to look at replacement options. Possibly a 60g breeder? Diving was fantastic. Super excited for September trip. Plans for today are groceries, testing and making water for changes on Wed. Work tomorrow boohoo.
IMG-20230421-WA0043.jpg

Cool thing I got to see. Sue Hendrickson's home. I didn't get a pix it was nested into the jungle near Black Rock. Here is what's cool about her.
I’m a little confused. Where is Black Rock?

Are you thinking the 60g breeder instead of a 55g for the extra width?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused. Where is Black Rock?

Are you thinking the 60g breeder instead of a 55g for the extra width?
Guanaja Honduras

60g instead of the 40g breeder I have. Still getting salt creep and salinity was down to 30. I am thinking there has to be a leak some where.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple things Real quick.
Tanks are fine Fish are fine Coral is fine. I am okish and just need a break from the hum of things for a bit.
Tank is a year old. Lost a clown carpet surfing. @F i s h y Pu will still be coming in May and I will be in touch.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple things Real quick.
Tanks are fine Fish are fine Coral is fine. I am okish and just need a break from the hum of things for a bit.
Tank is a year old. Lost a clown carpet surfing. @F i s h y Pu will still be coming in May and I will be in touch.
Sounds perfect. Available if you need to chat. Let the Fishy's know what you need.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man is coming over to help drain the tank. Can't get Pu and the Devil damsel out otherwise. This should also give me the chance to get down some of the wonky rock work I have in there and maybe even add a couple pieces from the sump.
The qt tank has been set up for them as a holding tank. 29g hob filter heater and some rock from the sump. This should be OK until Thursday. Then in a 5g bucket with battery bubbler for the ride to @F i s h y house.
Then it will be time to order more fish :)

Results from icp test came back and things are looking better # wise. A few trace elements were a bit high so I cut back on dosing.
Some of the coral that I thought I lost during the dinos have come back very nicely.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both Pu and Devil have been successfully moved to the 29g qt tank. I know it's not ideal. But it's only for a few days and I will be testing tomorrow just to be safe. Added rock from the sump for bio filter and som mb7 and prime. Lights are off. Now it's time for a nap.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 130 75.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 25 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back