Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ticked. Off. Very grumble.
Asst store Mgr gave me the fish list on Tuesday. Reviewed the list picked out 3 fish to order along with some cuc. Went in yesterday and store Mgr said:
they need a minimum $ order. : ok
you need to pick them up right away : ok.
they have have minum # to order : ok
Then she said : well we don't order from them.
Them meaning the vendor that I got the list for from the assistant Mgr. Or maybe we can she didn't know but would check.
SHE DOESNT EVEN ORDER THE FISH ***.
The asst manager does. I now will request the new weeks list tomorrow get the list Tuesday review Wed and hopefully get thing ordered Thurs or Fri for delivery in 2 wks.
So I ordered a honey extractor in the meantime along with a new cell phone.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ticked. Off. Very grumble.
Asst store Mgr gave me the fish list on Tuesday. Reviewed the list picked out 3 fish to order along with some cuc. Went in yesterday and store Mgr said:
they need a minimum $ order. : ok
you need to pick them up right away : ok.
they have have minum # to order : ok
Then she said : well we don't order from them.
Them meaning the vendor that I got the list for from the assistant Mgr. Or maybe we can she didn't know but would check.
SHE DOESNT EVEN ORDER THE FISH ***.
The asst manager does. I now will request the new weeks list tomorrow get the list Tuesday review Wed and hopefully get thing ordered Thurs or Fri for delivery in 2 wks.
So I ordered a honey extractor in the meantime along with a new cell phone.
Hope tomorrow is a better day

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the new fish list last night. The bad no foxface available at the moment. the good a blue eye kole tang is. so we are going to start with just that. I want to see the size, quality, etc from this vendor and i dont want to drop $$$$ and find out its just Live Aquaria in disguise.
The vendor is what we order all the fresh fish for the store from. They will ship the salt with the rest of the stores order in temp controlled aka styro boxes and if all goes well we will see about some others.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got the new fish list last night. The bad no foxface available at the moment. the good a blue eye kole tang is. so we are going to start with just that. I want to see the size, quality, etc from this vendor and i dont want to drop $$$$ and find out its just Live Aquaria in disguise.
The vendor is what we order all the fresh fish for the store from. They will ship the salt with the rest of the stores order in temp controlled aka styro boxes and if all goes well we will see about some others.
Unfortunately, these recievers are starving fish paper thin to the lfs to reduce ammonia (cost) for whatever reason...

My lfs got foxface, hippo tang, niger trigger, yellow (h. chrysus) wrasse in 2 weeks ago. Guess what? All of them emaciated. He fed them and you could see the outline of food in their stomachs. Even he was dusgusted.

Edit: i call them recievers because the importers are from other countries/ territories.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My Foxface wasn't completely emaciated when I got him. There were a couple that were skinny though. When I feed algae sheets you can visibly see some outline but he's getting fatter AND he finally started eating Bubble Algae.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Foxface wasn't completely emaciated when I got him. There were a couple that were skinny though. When I feed algae sheets you can visibly see some outline but he's getting fatter AND he finally started eating Bubble Algae.
Sadly, starving these fish is a very common practice and they aren't changing it anytime soon.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sadly, starving these fish is a very common practice and they aren't changing it anytime soon.
sadly it's a must for a fish being in a bag 24-30 hrs, it poops at hr 15 ,it's DOA 99% of the time...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
sadly it's a must for a fish being in a bag 24-30 hrs, it poops at hr 15 ,it's DOA 99% of the time...
Makes me wonder if this is the leading contributer to liver issues leaving the fish dead in a couple of weeks or months. It kind of sucks.

From what i remember back in 2006-2010. The fish would go through 2-3 days of fasting before shipping.
Perhaps that practice ended.

I learned that from the petco aquatics manager. The fish came in fat.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Makes me wonder if this is the leading contributer to liver issues leaving the fish dead in a couple of weeks or months. It kind of sucks.

From what i remember back in 2006-2010. The fish would go through 2-3 days of fasting before shipping.
Perhaps that practice ended.

I learned that from the petco aquatics manager. The fish came in fat.
That has been transshipping practice since the early 90's and before JME
petco does not get direct , they get from wholesale distributors
the difference is back then W S would hold and recover fish before releasing
now and last say 10-15 yrs it's all about the money ,ship and flip...:(

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That has been transshipping practice since the early 90's and before JME
petco does not get direct , they get from wholesale distributors
the difference is back then W S would hold and recover fish before releasing
now and last say 10-15 yrs it's all about the money ,ship and flip...:(
That's what i figured.

It's just been making me think, cyanide or starvation with all these deaths.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it would have a better chance at it when it's coming right off the truck and into my qt tank. Vs sitting at the lfs and picking up who knows what or spreading it. Get it home drip acclimate it watch it for 30 days and plump it up before putting it in the 180. Get me familiar with the qt process and if all goes well in 30days see what's available for a bigger order.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a post. I think it was from @Lost in the Sauce to @rmorris_14 . It was what is a recommended first aid kit. I want to get some basics before I need them. I think I read melafix and general cure. But I can't remember the rest. I wont be doing any copper or any treatment really unless it's warranted. Prolly get some sel con? for supplementing the food. Any other recommendations?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back