Status
Not open for further replies.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll start with saying welcome :) I'm sorry you didn't get the responses you wanted, I've had threads not get a ton of responses but it looks like you've had a bit of interaction with yours. Hopefully things change and you see the response you were looking for

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried all of these. Its like I just get ignored...

I looked at a few of your threads, you got good info, enough to where you can search for more if needed.

Threads get buried quickly without a bump.

About 5 hours ago I saw a thread I wanted to respond to, someone with a 29 gallon tank asking for aquascaping advice.

I didn't have the time to reply then. I tried figuring out where it was now, done seaches for it...nana...gone for good.

We try.

chriss1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its just weird how when I speak up about something I get replies, some in which are pleasant and others that are rude. Should I just post all further posts in reefsquad then?
We all suck so why are you worried about reefsquad or anyone else here? Find a place that you fit in and run it where the people don't suck or they aren't sarcastic

Those darn sarcastic replies are so annoying I can't stand them so frustrating

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll officially say, welcome to R2R! I love movie quotes, which is why I posted that clip, but seriously, there's an enormous amount of knowledge here and a willingness to help, but as mentioned before, things move along quickly when thousands of members are posting, reacting, etc....... Patience is key and if you lack that quality, then you'll be very disappointed in this hobby. I think by now, you know how to post a question and get a response. Good luck and happy reefing!

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry too much. I see this forum for what it is at its core: Entertainment and useful information. If you post a thought-provoking thread or ask a question that likely affects many of us, you’ll get more responses. For example, if I ask how many people use sicce wave pumps in one thread and how many people use vortechs in another, obviously the latter will get FAR more traction because it involves a far more popular product. It’s not a question of being ignored, it’s just that some questions are extremely niche and simply don’t apply to a wide enough swath of people who’ve shared that experience and can comment on them.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at a few of your threads, you got good info, enough to where you can search for more if needed.

Threads get buried quickly without a bump.

About 5 hours ago I saw a thread I wanted to respond to, someone with a 29 gallon tank asking for aquascaping advice.

I didn't have the time to reply then. I tried figuring out where it was now, done seaches for it...nana...gone for good.

We try.

:mad:

that was my thread. I was thinking I am experienced and knew what corals I should stock. After all, I share my go to corals all the time and get likes when I do.

But I walk out to the field, took off my armor and started the thread, exposing my petunia interior to posts like "your plan sucks" .

And the thread sank like a brick

such is life.

How ironic :)

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all suck so why are you worried about reefsquad or anyone else here? Find a place that you fit in and run it where the people don't suck or they aren't sarcastic

Those darn sarcastic replies are so annoying I can't stand them so frustrating
HEY BUDDY WELCOME TO REEF2REEF GLAD YOU'RE HERE WANNA GO OUT TO DINNER NEXT WEEK?

:D

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:mad:

that was my thread. I was thinking I am experienced and knew what corals I should stock. After all, I share my go to corals all the time and get likes when I do.

But I walk out to the field, took off my armor and started the thread, exposing my petunia interior to posts like "your plan sucks" .

And the thread sank like a brick

such is life.

How ironic :)
Thanks! I'll read it again and see if I can input.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think everyone (including myself) should follow @revhtree example. It’s his forum, and he’s been kind in his responses on this thread. People make mistakes. I’m going to assume this thread title is a mistake and move on.

For what it’s worth, I felt the same way in the beginning, especially with my build thread, but I messaged @revhtree and asked if there was anything different I should do. He gave me some great suggestions and they worked. I would change the title to this thread.

There is way too much going on in the world to have everyone angry. My best friend’s dad is in the hospital, organs shutting down and he & his sister (who has stage 4 breast cancer can’t get in to see him. Pete will die alone and they can’t say goodbye to there dad...

Gigidoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think everyone (including myself) should follow @revhtree example. It’s his forum, and he’s been kind in his responses on this thread. People make mistakes. I’m going to assume this thread title is a mistake and move on.

For what it’s worth, I felt the same way in the beginning, especially with my build thread, but I messaged @revhtree and asked if there was anything different I should do. He gave me some great suggestions and they worked. I would change the title to this thread.

There is way too much going on in the world to have everyone angry. My best friend’s dad is in the hospital, organs shutting down and he & his sister (who has stage 4 breast cancer can’t get in to see him. Pete will die alone and they can’t say goodbye to there dad...
That’s really sad. I’m a nurse and have been seeing some really heartbreaking things. My mother got sick this week, she is currently in isolation waiting on test results for covid :( she has systemic lupus and had had cancer 6 times now so I really worry about her. I hope everything in this world takes a turn for the better soon ❤️

Twillyg21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
102 replies since February! I have a build forum going that has had one reply (that wasn’t my own) and I’m not sweating it. I feel as though I’m talking to myself when I post. :)

I received a really nice welcome in the meet and greet when I started. Other than that, I’ve gotten 1 reply. It’s hit or miss on most forums based on a lot of factors!

Hang in there! Glad to have you here!

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s really sad. I’m a nurse and have been seeing some really heartbreaking things. My mother got sick this week, she is currently in isolation waiting on test results for covid :( she has systemic lupus and had had cancer 6 times now so I really worry about her. I hope everything in this world takes a turn for the better soon ❤

Thanks for all that you do and I hope that your mom recovers quickly!

Twillyg21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s really sad. I’m a nurse and have been seeing some really heartbreaking things. My mother got sick this week, she is currently in isolation waiting on test results for covid :( she has systemic lupus and had had cancer 6 times now so I really worry about her. I hope everything in this world takes a turn for the better soon ❤️

I’m so sad to hear about your mom! I’ll throw some thoughts and prayers out for her for sure! It’s rough all over right now.

Thank you for being a nurse! Everyone in the medical field is a hero! I employ a team of doctors and nurses and you are all on the front lines! Hats off to you!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents ..... I’ve had plenty of threads that passed into oblivion with nary a whimper .... sometimes because I asked something that nobody had an answer for, other times I guess because nobody but me thought it was interesting and then sometimes because I posted in the wrong forum. Lots of different forums on many different topics, ask the mods to move your SPS thread and it’ll get more eyeballs. Also, don’t create redundant threads ... it confuses people .... well it confuses me LOL. No need for three separate 120 stocking threads ... maybe the mods can combine them for you. Also, as you get familiar with this place, send somebody who appears to know something about a topic a PM if you’re not getting useful insights otherwise. Lastly, ‘help people help you’ by providing as much context as you can for your question. Post doesn’t have to be a novel, but some background to the question can help focus answers.

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is true.. I have 2 threads that never got responded too, but it happens, prob my fault for various reasons. i think a lot of people will see posts that require the OP to research and learn, the information is already out there for the taking a simple search will come up with a 200 thread post about it. I honestly tend to not answer these questions, i feel research is vital to this hobby not to mention the confidence you get from someone not just giving you the answer. I feel like taking in all the information and rooting through all of it and making what " you" think is the best decision for your tank or whatever it is your doing. i think this is a lot of what makes us better at our chosen hobbies and or work.

Gigidoll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In
I’m so sad to hear about your mom! I’ll throw some thoughts and prayers out for her for sure! It’s rough all over right now.

Thank you for being a nurse! Everyone in the medical field is a hero! I employ a team of doctors and nurses and you are all on the front lines! Hats off to you!
Thank you I truly appreciate it. She’s an amazing woman and truly wish she’d catch a break. She’s one tough cookie❤️

The medical world is taking a beating for sure, but hopefully we all come out of this shortly, stronger, and with a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back