Thought I had a Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took them a week to confirm from the tech dpt. to fix a slow web site. This will take 50 meetings and months.

Did they actually fix it? I stopped trying to navigate their page because it was so slow and always hanging up. Marine depot got an order for about $3k from me that BRS could have had if their website wasn't so terrible.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer all the way around. The release of the Trident is ultimately the problem. Neptune has some great products but this particular product release and craziness is just foolish. Seems really strange for a company at their level to create this kind of issue with their customer base. I decided to wait until the rush is over, glitches emerge, things are figured out, and the product is sitting on shelves without stress and mess.

I hope you get his resolved in a manner that works for all parties.

Conor_K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did they actually fix it? I stopped trying to navigate their page because it was so slow and always hanging up. Marine depot got an order for about $3k from me that BRS could have had if their website wasn't so terrible.

Well they just gave away $30k so I imagine they’ll live.

All the same I hope they square things away with the OP, I’d be surprised if they didn’t. Well I have always been in the camp that wants Rev 2 or 3 instead of the first unit off the line, I fully understand the frustration in this specific post.

No website, point of sale, or inventory system is perfect and I think the OP was snagged in a reverse loop hole in this case.
If I had to guess the updated shipping method threw the order to the back of the que which is a huge issue with this particular product.

A very rare occurence if I were speculating...

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they just gave away $30k so I imagine they’ll live.

All the same I hope they square things away with the OP, I’d be surprised if they didn’t. Well I have always been in the camp that wants Rev 2 or 3 instead of the first unit off the line, I fully understand the frustration in this specific post.

No website, point of sale, or inventory system is perfect and I think the OP was snagged in a reverse loop hole in this case.
If I had to guess the updated shipping method threw the order to the back of the que which is a huge issue with this particular product.

A very rare occurence if I were speculating...

Lol, I'm sure they will smart guy. I still don't think they want to lose out on orders. Makes me wonder how many other people gave up on the site and went somewhere else with their order because of it though.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The release of the Trident is ultimately the problem. Neptune has some great products but this particular product release and craziness is just foolish. Seems really strange for a company at their level to create this kind of issue with their customer base.

It definitely has not been the smoothest release ever, but I think really Neptune only had two options. They could do what they did, releasing the Trident as soon as possible even though stock was low or they could spend several months building and stockpiling units so they could release with plenty of stock.

I think the big issue with the second approach and probably the reason Neptune went the way they did was that the Trident was already way late and I think people were starting to give up on it. Especially with other units like the alkatronic and the reefbot being available. Additionally, building and stockpiling thousands or even tens of thousands of units would be a pretty huge cash outlay until they were released and sold.

As much bad press as Neptune is getting for this release they were already getting bad press for promising the Trident more than a year ago and still not delivering. They were in a tough situation either way and I think they wanted to get units into people’s hands as soon as possible

No matter what the product is products need time to be built and they can either be released in short supply as they continue building as fast as possible or they can be built behind the scenes delaying the release. Even Apple who always releases new iPhones in September starts building and stockpiling the new phones in June for the September release. And even after 3 or 4 months of building and stockpiling there is a always shortage of iPhones on release day.

Apple handles the short supply by allowing preorders, though, and at least people know that they are on the list and they have a definite date of when they will receive their phone, even if it’s two weeks or two months out.

Right now people are stuck in the frustrating situation of wanting the Trident but having absolutely no idea when they will be able to get it. They see some people being able to order and get a unit with relative ease while they sit there refreshing webpages all day and waiting for in stock alert emails that show up 10 minutes after the product has sold out.

Some people get close, being able to put a product in their cart and having the stock run out or the transaction fail before they can complete their purchase and some people have jobs where they can’t spend all day refreshing web pages or drop everything when an alert email comes and they get home from work to see that 60 more people got a unit while they were busy working.

All of these are incredibly frustrating experiences and even after going through the frustration people are still left with no idea of when they will actually be able to get a unit.

I think in general people understand that supply is low and demand is high and that it will take time for Neptune to build enough units for everyone, but it’s the waiting and getting close and failing and checking web pages all day or being stuck at work for the 10 minutes that units are available and still not knowing that’s killing everyone.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to calm down but I keep thinking about one thing. I got nothing for communication. No email, no phone call, no text, and no money. I’m left here wondering.

I remember the days when there was a problem with an order I got at least an email. Hell Adam from Battlecorals even calls me!

Total silence! That’s not the BRS I remember when I was in the hobby years back, but maybe times have changed. Maybe they’re just too busy to be on that personal level that they were on years back. Maybe my expectations are too high for the new times we are in.

I just can’t get over a few key aspects of how things are playing out. Was I really the last one to order or did mine just get left out. So many questions go unanswered, not that I deserve any answers. Hell what’s 700 or so dollars to them.. sure is a lot to me though.
You pretty much said you had them on the phone and got so mad you hung up.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read it all. I just think you responded badly. There, I said it.
Your opinion might be different if your on the the other side. Let us know if you get upset when you order an expensive piece of equipment that you paid for was denied. Your money is gone and no product was sent, I'd be upset too. @Demonic while I agree BRS is a good company with no ill intentions, you have every right to be upset as they dropped the ball big time and as a company I'm sure they will make it right. It's funny to read comments from others like they've never responded by hanging up due to being upset. I hope your situation gets resolved.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your opinion might be different if your on the the other side. Let us know if you get upset when you order an expensive piece of equipment that you paid for was denied. Your money is gone and no product was sent, I'd be upset too. @Demonic while I agree BRS is a good company with no ill intentions, you have every right to be upset as they dropped the ball big time and as a company I'm sure they will make it right. It's funny to read comments from others like they've never responded by hanging up due to being upset. I hope your situation gets resolved.

It's not that they've never been upset or hung up on anyone. It's just that they feel the need to white knight for BRS for some reason. I don't have anything against BRS personally and if they've fixed the website my next order may be from them but I don't feel the need to vehemently defend them(or any company for that matter) either.

This isn't directed at jrill just the blind defenders in general.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being upset is fine. An adult acting like a 12 year old is not.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of those "keyboard warriors" we hear about. You may have read the entire thread, but you definitely didn't comprehend it.
Maybe next time apolagize to them for giving up your hard earned money and to please ship it to you at their earliest convenience ;Hilarious

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe next time apolagize to them for giving up your hard earned money and to please ship it to you at their earliest convenience ;Hilarious

Actually when the gentleman called me yesterday evening, I recognized him as the same person I had talked to that morning. The first thing I did was apologize to him, as that wasn't professional. I expressed my frustration still, but I'm actually glad I didn't continue that conversation. Hopefully his day wasn't as bad as mine after that convo.

lakai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps your trident is one of the many on ebay where the seller "Ships from Minnesota". Heck there is even one guy that has 3 for sale. :oops:

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps your trident is one of the many on ebay where the seller "Ships from Minnesota". Heck there is even one guy that has 3 for sale. :oops:
Yeah, those thoughts have crossed my mind. I instantly went to eBay and saw a couple for sale that were just put on. I am trying to not look at that stuff and move past this.

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a side note @Demonic, Super nice build you have going and bummer to see this thread getting longer. I was hoping to see BRS PM you and resolve or at least reach out in some fashion. I feel your situation is unique and should be handled with a little more sensitivity. Hoping the focus can go back to the build soon.

Back