OP
OP
Nasabeau

Nasabeau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck! Here’s to a long and happy life for him! xD. I’m getting one for my tank which is gonna be somewhat larger than yours (95G) but it’s gonna be my only Tang and I want him to stand out while the rest of my fish are gonna be small ones.
To you as well! my tomini is definitely going to be my "showcase fish" as well. he will be by far the largest. right now I am thinking of maybe adding a couple cardinals down the road or something to that effect... basically, I need Marry, Pippin and Legolas XD. my thoughts right now are once I get the tank stable enough for a couple anemones I am going to get another pair of clowns (when they each can host their own anemone) and then one more smaller solitary fish, but my tank is actually pretty close to as stocked as I want it. definitely going to add more CUCs

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jaxteller007 @WVNed do your guys tomini tangs sleep on the ground propped up against rocks? little guy gave me a heart attack this morning!

Mine disappears into rocks. Only fish I have the sleeps in what could be be described as on the ground is our fox face. Everyone else finds caves or hiding spots.

Sean Norman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following.. I have a 112 gallon lagoon styled tank with a lot of live rock and hiding spots. I have some smaller fish- two Clowns and two Wrasses- all easy keepers. I also have a Foxface who is pretty docile..I added a White Tailed Tang and he was really aggressive for the first few weeks, It has been 6 months and he has for the most part chilled out. No more chasing, and he shares his cave with the Foxface. He does not like my Starry Blennie.. but other than that just does his thing.
I do add a lot of algae for the algae eaters, it seems to reduce the aggression.
I would like to consider adding a yellow tang?? Wondering if a captive bred would be easier to introduce, and or a smaller yellow??? What are your thoughts?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting. thank you for the input! I personally am not buying anything too big to not perminately live in my current tank until I already have a bigger tank, just because I don't want to force myself into a corner and not have a place to put the little guy when its time. the best laid plans of mice and men, you know? but thank you for the input. I am super happy with my tang. side note, is it normal for them to sleep leaned up against a rock? dude gave me a heart attack, I thought he died inside 24 hours. now he's happy as a clam.
For sure a blue tang “lies down” or rests in a cave crevice when scared or lights out.

My yellow stays real close to the rock work, but does not touch.

5092F7DB-3182-4DB1-B7E7-5BC51C6D676C.jpeg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following.. I have a 112 gallon lagoon styled tank with a lot of live rock and hiding spots. I have some smaller fish- two Clowns and two Wrasses- all easy keepers. I also have a Foxface who is pretty docile..I added a White Tailed Tang and he was really aggressive for the first few weeks, It has been 6 months and he has for the most part chilled out. No more chasing, and he shares his cave with the Foxface. He does not like my Starry Blennie.. but other than that just does his thing.
I do add a lot of algae for the algae eaters, it seems to reduce the aggression.
I would like to consider adding a yellow tang?? Wondering if a captive bred would be easier to introduce, and or a smaller yellow??? What are your thoughts?
Yellow is fine.
52D8D84D-9A47-4155-8137-7172164F4FD3.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back