siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it Siggy!
ohhh man! thats nice!
Thanks gentlemen, been collecting rock for a year. I believe its fuji and tonga that was buried in a pet shop I did some work for. I did add a coral skeleton that was in my sump, I thought it was a Zombie coral because it started producing PE o_O
but now I see they are worms with fans, so I will pull it and bleach it.....What are they ???? I had a break out in the 75 a year ago then they dissapeard leaving a hard calcium tube behind or so I thought, I do have a large bottle of prozi
thoughts??? treat the whole tank now?
phone pics 799.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chewy has Dr Tims on sale, the 2oz for 3.77 and an 8oz $23.** Brs is twice that so I bought it then realized I should have just grabbed a bunch of two oz bottles ;Blackeye anyway I have been adding a couple oz every 2 days and will start adding some corals and a fish soon. I also bought a 6 pack of Chemi-pur Blue to drop in the filter cups if needed.
phone pics 802.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I transferd my hybrid from the 75, I also checked the bulbs and clips and sure enough the clips were stuck to the bulbs so I freed them up, Now I did coat one with shrink tubing and that came away fine
1568994699171.png

As you can see I will be using XR15's along with the hybrid. I also will install diffusers. the mounting brackets arrived today so thats next on the list.

phone pics 790.jpg

I picked this up from amazon

phone pics 803.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get all the electronics in the empty side of the cabinet but that was a dream so I built a board to go on the back wall over the sump to handle the temp controller, Clara-sea filter and skimmer, basically whatever is in the sump except the return. Temp control is wired, I placed some shink tube over the probe and sealed the ends with silicone
before heating...I used too much ;Meh but its sealed. The probe is stainless so I was not going to chance it. Pic's when its hung along with programming.
phone pics 791.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting Brackets 80/20 to hybrid connection :cool:
@AquaticLifeProducts provided me with 6mm extended t-slot studs to accommodate this mounting, but as it turns out after stacking oversize washers (80/20 std is 5/16") and a lock washer there was not enough thread left for a nut.
So I came up with this...Using the original 6mm stud. I drilled out a 5/16" button head bolt on a lathe then hand tapped the hole, fortunately this left the hex intact for securing. Because the aluminum angle bracket is 1/4" stock I had to ground down the bolt so it would not bottom out against the light fixture. I also learned that if you over tighten you WILL
snap the 6mm stud at the tee part and the button head will shoot up and hit the sealing while you are tightening another. You might freak out a little untill you find the bolt and washer wondering if its in the tank
phone pics 788.jpg

ole
phone pics 793.jpg
phone pics 794.jpg
phone pics 789.jpg

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gentlemen, been collecting rock for a year. I believe its fuji and tonga that was buried in a pet shop I did some work for. I did add a coral skeleton that was in my sump, I thought it was a Zombie coral because it started producing PE o_O
but now I see they are worms with fans, so I will pull it and bleach it.....What are they ???? I had a break out in the 75 a year ago then they dissapeard leaving a hard calcium tube behind or so I thought, I do have a large bottle of prozi
thoughts??? treat the whole tank now?
phone pics 799.jpg
I believe these are just feather dusters and are good filter feeders.

You can check here if they look similar.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe these are just feather dusters and are good filter feeders.
Yup Yup thanks @Fudsey, Nice little web site and reference.

Been crazy around here. Lost my refrigerator so that took time to trouble shoot estimate then Shop for a new one bla,bla. Got threw that then we have a Liberty Hunt in Michigan for Disabled veterans and kids 16 and under and did that. I get home and butcher the deer and the Garage Fridg/ freezer takes a dump, i work on that, all the reg stuff, then called a pro who shows up and literally starts scratching his head and says "You have to get someone who knows how to work on these" o_O It's a Gladiator Garage unit, so I hit the web and fix it myself. You cant even pay people to get things done!. Teaching this one to get it done :cool:
phone pics 782.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy busy, moved my daughter into a rental house in a trendy area a mile from the Infamous 8-mile ;NailbitingSaturday only to discover the Police dpt is directly across the street:) So we hit the food trucks and a few craft beers later I sleep threw the alarm and get a few more things done.

20190920_190703.jpg 20190922_162826.jpg 20190922_162848.jpg 20190922_162853.jpg 20190922_163000.jpg 20190922_183418.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was starting to build steam then the grand kids came over and you know the rest :D
I did manage to get the radions in so now I need to find a mini power strip just for lights 5 total so Ill mount them to the back of the tank on the 80/20 risers to keep them out of my hair. I did manage to pull every thing out of the old system other than the heater, return and a power head.
FYI I have a Ecoral system I used to control all the lighting. the probes and topoff sensor are sill packaged if anyone is interested.
20190928_161728.jpg

VB313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup Yup thanks @Fudsey, Nice little web site and reference.

Been crazy around here. Lost my refrigerator so that took time to trouble shoot estimate then Shop for a new one bla,bla. Got threw that then we have a Liberty Hunt in Michigan for Disabled veterans and kids 16 and under and did that. I get home and butcher the deer and the Garage Fridg/ freezer takes a dump, i work on that, all the reg stuff, then called a pro who shows up and literally starts scratching his head and says "You have to get someone who knows how to work on these" o_O It's a Gladiator Garage unit, so I hit the web and fix it myself. You cant even pay people to get things done!. Teaching this one to get it done :cool:
phone pics 782.jpg
Nice build!! Can’t wait to start my 425xl

Nice buck! Only one more work week till archery here in PA

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home from work and thought I would get some work done and the wife tells me the dishwasher is leaking :mad:
On the upside my temp controller is solid. :) well time to work on a dishwasher

20190929_163114.jpg 20190929_163204.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build!! Can’t wait to start my 425xl

Nice buck! Only one more work week till archery here in PA
Thanks, Post a link of you build so I can see.
Opening day tomorrow. Good luck

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the tank and the lighting structure. Crossbow season starts soon here. Nice buck
Thanks, I had three XR's but the 80/20 was in the way to space evenly, fortunately the wife is even more Anal than me ;)
Good luck this year!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back