DSC02849.jpg

DSC02884-4.jpg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love these tanks! I have several rimless glass tanks but lack the skills you have for selection and composition in your layouts! Just stunning and so simple. Well done!

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tanks! When I get my main system up and stabilized I will have to start up a macro specific tank in the system. Word to the wise some sargassum similar to your Hawaiian piece can undergo explosive growth. Sneaky fast at times.
Thanks! There would be nothing that could make me happier than to have more sargassum. ;Cat

Love these tanks! I have several rimless glass tanks but lack the skills you have for selection and composition in your layouts! Just stunning and so simple. Well done!
Thank you!

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad update time. Found my wrasse Waldo half dried up in the filter box (jumped through a small gap between the lid and top of the filter box). Pretty bummed. My last shot of Waldo below.
DSC03140.jpg
I love possum wrasse and to have one that is happy in your tank and to die to that ... :(

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a love story. About a [tigah]boy who fell in love with macroalgae...

So I became totally enamored with macroalgae when I added them to a couple of my prior reef tanks (you can find them here in this thread), and I've always been drawn to the freshwater planted tank/scape aesthetic, so decided to take a stab (usually with curved stainless steel scissors) at a saltwater planted tank with macroalgae as the star. Here's the breakdown.

DSC01277-2.jpg

Set-up

Tank: UNS 45A (9 gallons)
Light: Twinstar Light II 450E (full spectrum planted tank lights)
Pump: Sicce Syncra 0.5
Media: InTank Filter Floss Holder (was made for a WB7), InTank Filter Floss, and MarinePure Bio Cubes
Heater: Cobalt Neo-Therm 75w Heater
Substrate: Caribsea Fiji Pink Sand
LR: KPAquatics Premium Live Rock

Inhabitants

Macroalgae: Gracilaria hayi (red macroalgae), Caulerpa prolifera (red macroalgae), and Hypnea pannosa (blue macroalge)
Coral: Pterogorgia citrina (Yellow Sea Whip Gorg) and Pterogorgia anceps (Purple Ribbon Gorg)
Fish: Coryphopterus personatus (Masked Gobies)
Inverts: Various hermits and snails

Some more recent shots:

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

I'm planning a couple more macroalgae tanks (I'm hooked!), so will post them in this thread as well. Stay tuned and thanks for stopping by!
This is one of the most beautiful tanks that I have ever seen... IMHO. THANK you for posting. I will be following. You have achieved a much better executed vision of what I hope to accomplish in my new build. Are you on Insta? I'd love to follow.

OP
OP
Tigahboy

Tigahboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the most beautiful tanks that I have ever seen... IMHO. THANK you for posting. I will be following. You have achieved a much better executed vision of what I hope to accomplish in my new build. Are you on Insta? I'd love to follow.
Thank you! I am actually more active on Insta: @tigahboy.h20

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back