Tiger conch behavior

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marco333
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Marco333

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2017
Messages
56
Reaction score
26
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had one tiger conch in my tank for about 2 years. I just got another one. The current inhabitant immediately went over and sat on the new one. Has not moved off in a couple hours. Any thoughts on what this behavior means? A couple ideas I have.
  • It was lonely and is happy to have a friend
  • It does not like this new snail in its territory and is sitting on it as a sign of dominance
  • It’s a breeding attempt
  • 2D3AE2F5-859F-48FA-95B5-3E1419DAD22B.jpeg
 
Not entirely sure... If I had to guess possibly stating dominance for its territory? But obviously should not be a huge issue since LFS keep a bunch of these together in tanks where they sell them out of... Interesting though!

Any updates?
 
I think you’ll be okay. I keep 2 in a 75. I see the smaller one a whole lot less but he’s basically nocturnal. everyone is happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new