TikiBird's first SW tank (BioCube 29)

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are both very active and have been nibbling at both the frozen and the pellet food! Thank you for asking, @cameronh! [emoji1]

However, I am possibly having an issue and I will start a new thread about it!
What seems to be the issue?

OP
OP
TikiBird

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
TikiBird

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for asking/threatening about this thread, @cameronh! [emoji12]Here's my slightly pathetic update:

My two little clownfish both died yesterday, from I suspect internal parasites. [emoji20] I'm so sad and disappointed and kind of discouraged.

The DT just has my live rocks and the CUC, and will remain that way for the next several weeks, while I get some new clownfish that I will have in QT. Although I'm not sure I can quite bring myself to get new ones just yet....

Also the tank is looking super ugly right now with diatoms and algae. *DRAMATIC SIGH*

Hopefully I will have something both more interesting and HAPPY to post next time!!

Until then, here's my shrimp. LOL
d79f5b666abb8e007b0492e05234fd60.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for asking/threatening about this thread, @cameronh! [emoji12]Here's my slightly pathetic update:

My two little clownfish both died yesterday, from I suspect internal parasites. [emoji20] I'm so sad and disappointed and kind of discouraged.

The DT just has my live rocks and the CUC, and will remain that way for the next several weeks, while I get some new clownfish that I will have in QT. Although I'm not sure I can quite bring myself to get new ones just yet....

Also the tank is looking super ugly right now with diatoms and algae. *DRAMATIC SIGH*

Hopefully I will have something both more interesting and HAPPY to post next time!!

Until then, here's my shrimp. LOL
d79f5b666abb8e007b0492e05234fd60.jpg
Sorry about your clowns! Things will get better when you get the hang of it! I promise!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, @cameronh! I appreciate the support. I hate when my fish die, and they were my first saltwater fish too! [emoji27]
It's a strong learning curve we all go through. A freshwater dip for 3 minutes, will help ease the (whatever it is they have) it's only temporary though.
Just to buy some time to get them in qt

OP
OP
TikiBird

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a strong learning curve we all go through. A freshwater dip for 3 minutes, will help ease the (whatever it is they have) it's only temporary though.
Just to buy some time to get them in qt

Do you think every new saltwater fish purchase should be dipped in freshwater? I'm just wondering how to do this right next time.

I contacted the LFS where I got the clowns (it's not my usual store) to let them know there might be other clowns that are sick since they were all in the same tank. I didn't ask for money back or anything like that, I just genuinely wanted to help them help their fish. They didn't seem to take kindly to my tip. They implied it was my fault, and asked if I had done a dip. I guess they figured everybody does that?

OP
OP
TikiBird

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I fell in love with some new clownfish. Here they are!

They're in QT, where they will be for several weeks. This time I'm going to medicate them immediately. I just don't want to go through losing them like the previous ones. Hope they do well.
07a3d398a563f2f536dfa129c62a39bc.jpg

Closer pic of one:
1917f721f0a8db1fabfd7d65a3a8a389.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I fell in love with some new clownfish. Here they are!

They're in QT, where they will be for several weeks. This time I'm going to medicate them immediately. I just don't want to go through losing them like the previous ones. Hope they do well.
07a3d398a563f2f536dfa129c62a39bc.jpg

Closer pic of one:
1917f721f0a8db1fabfd7d65a3a8a389.jpg
Nice! They look good!

OP
OP
TikiBird

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update and say not much is happening. Lol My new cutie clowns are still in QT, but seem to be doing well.

I have to admit, though, I have kind of lost interest in my freshwater tanks now. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] Even though I still don't know what I'm doing with saltwater, it is much more intriguing to me right now!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to update and say not much is happening. Lol My new cutie clowns are still in QT, but seem to be doing well.

I have to admit, though, I have kind of lost interest in my freshwater tanks now. [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15] Even though I still don't know what I'm doing with saltwater, it is much more intriguing to me right now!
Saltwater is more fun....to put it simply[emoji12]

OP
OP
TikiBird

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saltwater is more fun....to put it simply[emoji12]

Yes! I mean I'm pretty sure my live rocks are a mess with bad algae and such [emoji23][emoji24] but I love them anyway and find them endlessly fascinating. I'm still finding new creatures on them! It's just cool to see how things change in a saltwater tank. (Hopefully all the changes continue to be for the best!)

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

intriguing, addictive and has a way of making you crazy! ;):confused::p

Last edited:

mkutsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything other than algae and pods? Inverts, tiny gobies?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back