Tilefish compatibility?

Ryans Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2022
Messages
98
Reaction score
108
Location
Burbank
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Purple Tilefish (hoplolatilus purpureus) in my 112 gallon tank that's been doing great for about a year now.

I've been thinking of adding a Redlined Tilefish (hoplolatilus marcosi). I had one years ago and just love the coloration

Would these 2 fish get along? Or should I expect there to be issues?
 
Quick reading seems to indicate "maybe".

Your tank is plenty big to have both - If you have good aqua scape as well, then you could certainly try it.

I would not do this without a lid however. If either get spooked they might very well decide to carpet surf.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new