Time To Clean Up

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefer831
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
2,900
Reaction score
146
Location
Monterey, Ca.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's time to clean up!!!! I have been slacking off on keeping up with replacing clean up crew, and now don't have many left. So my question is what would be the best clean up crew for a 72 gallon? I know I need things like hermits and snails and so on..... but I would like to know the type of cleaner, how many, and why? What does the cleaner clean up, and how well? and if you guys know where to find the deals, please include...:tongue::wink::sad::cry::angel:
 
+1 on reefcleaners.org. they have everything you will need and prices are awesome. I have order a lot of stuff from them. Never have had a problem with anything.
 
I have heard, 1 hermit for every 5 gal. I only have 4 in my 75 gal so obviously i didn't follow those guidelines. I like them and all, but sometimes I catch them stealing from my chalices at night. That site above has all the info on each animal. That should be all you need.
 
I am one for Urchins myself, but I am also known for cementing the hell out of frags :D nobody will walk off with them!
 
Cut bottom off of a 2L bottle and put over them while they eat.

I have heard, 1 hermit for every 5 gal. I only have 4 in my 75 gal so obviously i didn't follow those guidelines. I like them and all, but sometimes I catch them stealing from my chalices at night. That site above has all the info on each animal. That should be all you need.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new