Tips for reefapalooza

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello , was wondering if anyone can offer tips when going there as a first timer . I don’t have tons of money because I’m still in High school. When is the best time to go ? Is there vendors that work package deals ?

Evan28395950

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here’s my tips for basically any frag swap/major event selling coral/livestock:
1. Go early on first day if you have the money to spend, you’ll get the best ones.
2. If you don’t have a lot of money, go later in the day on the last day, many vendors don’t want to haul back corals and might be willing to give some good deals.
3. Bring a cooler or temperature sealing bag.

OP
OP
James M

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here’s my tips for basically any frag swap/major event selling coral/livestock:
1. Go early on first day if you have the money to spend, you’ll get the best ones.
2. If you don’t have a lot of money, go later in the day on the last day, many vendors don’t want to haul back corals and might be willing to give some good deals.
3. Bring a cooler or temperature sealing bag.
Thank you , I’ll end up going later in the day and didn’t even think about a small cooler

Kremis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a tip for people who are in high school that have reef tanks, im also in high school and I can afford to keep the tank by selling propogated corals on local forums and craigslist. Also trading with other reefers is a great way to get corals too. Thats how im able to get high ends like jawbreakers, speckled krak, etc

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you're on a limited budget, Sun, right before closing would be the best day/time to go. Most of the vendors would prefer to make deals than to carry the corals back home with them. You're going to love the show!

OP
OP
James M

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course something came up where I can’t go Saturday or Sunday.... I’m so sad
I guess tips for next year

TheWalkman99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time going. Do we need to buy tickets before hand? Of can we buy tickets at the door?

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Even if you don't buy anything, it's worth it just to walk around and look at all the eye candy. Last year I went just before I did a tank transfer, so I didn't want to risk putting anything new in. I still had a good time.

Since then, I've been stuffing $1 or $5 bills in a jar whenever I can, so I've got a little bit to play with.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back