Rating - 100%
1   0   0

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep its true but not as bad as some think I know my ryhzo order has been canceled but ill role with the punches and theres still alot of cultured stuff from there that I assume will be unaffected.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't seem like it'll be that bad. Of course I could be wrong. Usually when something happens my wholesalers go crazy with emails and I haven't heard a peep out of them about this. Makes it seem like they're not that concerned.

rdvab

Texas "Primo"Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probaly a good thing....the bigger this industry gets the more coral is placed in the hands of inexperienced reefers and we needlessly lose a lot of coral.This gives the wild coral a chance to re-group I am sure there are not many , but some retailers,beleive it or not,could care less about survival of corals sold,because it gives them a chance to sell more.Please no flames my way ,as this is JMO
Ron

R

reef-nut

View Badges
How long do you think it will be before this hobby is gone or so expensive no one can afford it?

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is a shame for the people of Tonga though, they make so little money on this hobby, but it is there treasures being lost. The average Tongan makes only $3 a day. I love topics on Tonga, and have written a law review article on their democracy movement. Viva Pohiva!

Reef Goddess

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef-nut, that question has been asked a lot of times, but this hobby will never be outpriced or made obsolete. I don't know the exact numbers, but the saltwater aquarium industry continues to be a rapidly growing market and I doubt a small recession will set it back for long. If anything more people will start investing money/facilities into increased aquaculture and captive raised stuff. Its more cost efficient and good for the environment as well. When you aquaculture stuff you don't have to worry about CITES permits being renewed or having Fish & Wildlife breathing down your neck. lol

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back